Apr 18, 2006
Visit site
Hello people , We are new to this form and fairly new to caravaning well been at it for a year now !

I just want to know why so many people abuse shower blocks and site facilities .

It puzzles me why so many people have no respect for other people having to share shower blocks ,

We have just come back from a lovely weekend and a great site called Cawood near Selby North Yorkshire .

When we arrived i went to check out the shower and toilet blocks as I do to see how clean they were and they were lovely , but when I went for a shower the next morning I couldnt believe how dirty people had left them ie: not cleaning the sinks after them dragging mud in and even one toilet some dirty git had shat all over the seat and wiped it up the wall ! What sort of animals are these ? This is not the first time we have experienced this . We choose our sites very carefully and read reviews before booking so its not as if we book any old place ! Why cant people just respect the fact that some else has to use the showers or toilets after them ? It makes you wonder what their homes are like if this is the way they go on . Does anyone else agree ? Sorry for my first post been a moaning one but I needed to get it of my chest !!!!!

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Welcome to the forum Jon. This is a topic that comes up occasionally. Recently I posted that whilst at Carnon Downs campsite I had a similar experience. The new shower block there is the best that I've seen and although I normally use my van shower, for the very reasons you've mentioned, I decided to try it. Each cubicle is self contained with a vanity mirror, bench, toilet, wash basin and shower. On arrival all the cubicles were occupied except one. I opened the door and could see why, lying on the floor was a t*rd, it just beggared belief. My thoughts were with the Warden who had to clear it up. Makes you wonder what their homes are like, never mind the inside of their vans. These people are of a lower life form than the germs that crawl out of toilets. O.K. rant over, I'm beginning to sound like a couple of other forum members, heheheheh!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have also experienced this disgusting practice at a tent site at Langdale in the Lakes. Is this another case of the "phantom dumper"? Its the same with dog mess, everyone says "tut, tut how disgusting" but the stuff doesnt get there by itself and its a worrying thought that, unless its visitors, it is one of us!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have also experienced this disgusting practice at a tent site at Langdale in the Lakes. Is this another case of the "phantom dumper"? Its the same with dog mess, everyone says "tut, tut how disgusting" but the stuff doesnt get there by itself and its a worrying thought that, unless its visitors, it is one of us!
Sorry, forgot to sign my posting. The above posted by Jim.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
It was the same at Paignton - one dirty b*****d had visited the toilet and not even bothered to use paper let alone flushed the toilet. The wash hand basins were also left dirty. After Monday eveneing when the majority had left the toilet block was once again spotless. I think it is often children because I have visited sites where the toilet blocks are kept locked, a

Apr 18, 2006
Visit site
I dont mind it when sites leave a mop and bucket out to use! It means that everyone has the facility to clean up after themselves. It comes in handy for muddy floors etc!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hoof-harted I'm afraid I do not understand your comment. Whether I am away or at home I always wash down the shower/bath/wash hand basin after me and before leaving the w.c. I always make sure the contents of the bowl has flushed away. This was instilled into me as a child and my children/grand children also take the same action. In my opinion it is only a reflection on the way in which the individual has been brought up to respect each other and their needs. It does not take two minutes to undertake these basic tasks and I am therefore annoyed to say the least when a person leaves a facility in a filthy state for some one else to suffer.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Colin, I think he means that there must be a phantom dumper on each site because when you read the posts everyone cleans up, except me that is, because I use my van shower.

It's the same at night, each site must have its own Hound of the Baskervilles, because each morning theres fresh dog dumps on the dog walk. These people/dogs are never seen doing their dastardly deeds.

The perpetrators should be made to lick the bowl clean and dog owners who dont scoop should have their noses rubbed in it :O)

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
Colin, I think he means that there must be a phantom dumper on each site because when you read the posts everyone cleans up, except me that is, because I use my van shower.

It's the same at night, each site must have its own Hound of the Baskervilles, because each morning theres fresh dog dumps on the dog walk. These people/dogs are never seen doing their dastardly deeds.

The perpetrators should be made to lick the bowl clean and dog owners who dont scoop should have their noses rubbed in it :O)
What an excellent idea!!

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
I posted comment about cleaning buckets ay a site and the way we were told to use them.

I expect to find clean Washroom facilities especially when I'm paying godd money for them. I also rinse out sinks and leave showers clean.

If I was visiting one of your homes I would not enter with muddy footwear and would use the normal mat on entering as I consider it good manners!

The comment about the buckets was in relation to the way at one campsite the owners seemed to want clients to "clean" the facilities as opposed to keep them clean!

Some "animals" that visit sites are disgusting, again I've noted this in relation to booze and kids especially! The noise from late night revellers returning from a night out in Newquay signals avoiding the Toilets & Showers until after the morning cleaning !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jan 23, 2006
Visit site
We could not agree more , we recently stayed at the caravan club site at Brighton in Sussex at an offpeak time so there were only older people on site and the toilets and showers were left in a

discusting state on more than one occasion.

The wardens on this site are fantastic, always helpful and

approachable, extremely hard working, and its shows the site is

beautifully kept, So its not fair that some people do not treat

these facilitys with care.

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site

i love reading your comments ,i have tears in my eyes laughing

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts