Responses to help topics

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
There are so many people seeking for help on unlimited subjects but usually ( or very rarely ) do you hear from the person raising original posting that the problem has been solved or that any of the replies have sucessfully answered the question..I can't understand this,it seems like only good manners to me - is there an explanation.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
It is very rare for people to come back with either a resolution or that what they have been told has helped .

Why is it like this? I have no idea but it is what we have come to accept, but it is somewhat annoying that posters who offer advice have no way of knowing if it has been of help or not, even if the advice has not been what the OP was expecting.

It seems to be the way of the world today, which is a sad reflection on the manners of folk.

On the other hand when I have said thank you to various people for the service they have provided me with , they look really surprised that I have said what I have, usually followed by a big smile.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Craigyoung said:
There's a lot of ignorant and unpolite people out there , it takes nothing to say a thank you !
A reply or a thank you is always nice but we can't force people to reply.
Look on the bright side, there's a lot of kind and helpful people on here ;)

Mar 13, 2007
Visit site
yes there are some ignorant people out there it's the world we now live in. everyone wanting instant results. but not willing to follow up or say thanks.
we know what happens someone has a problem looks on the internet for answers cannot find any so they join a related forum to post a question then disappear into the sunset. at one time I would not answer any questions for members who had only one post. but that wasn't fair on genuine enquiries as some of the people who were helped then went on to become regular posting members.

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
I habitually say Please and Thank you when in public and at home with my family.
But the number of times I've held a door open, not a squeak.
There is one thing I feel guilty about is when I say thank you (and know they are being polite) They say "your welcome have a nice day" I don't like it, don't really expect a reply. Americanism! maybe

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts