Retirement

Oct 14, 2006
Visit site
Hi All

Finaly Jen & I have retired today, 5 weeks to go and off to La Manga. I wonder what the future holds, good times, new friends, and hopefully enjoying each others company for years to come.

After 44 years of marriage, 3 children, 5 grandchildren I think we deserve it.

Anybody at La Manga Oct - to end of Feb we would love to meet you, Black Santa Fe & Coachman. On the Bilbao ferry 5th Oct.

Regards

Rod G & Jenny

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Rod this day is the first day of the rest of your life and by God sir if you are like the rest of us oldies you should enjoy every single minute and you deserve it - GOOD LUCK. Have a read under the similar heading regarding retirement. Incidentally with good behaviour you could have committed murder three times and still be a free man - now there's a thought hehehehe

Jan 3, 2007
Visit site
Rod...you won't look back, I took early retirement (at 55) 5 years ago and love every minute. Don't really know how I ever found time to work. Currently we are doing up a house we used to rent out so i'm grounded for the next 3 months doing property repairs, painting and decorating. We want to sell it asap so have to buckle down and get on with it!

Have a great time in La Manga.

regards, Mal

NB: we are not planning to leave the UK until February, but who knows, we may meet up sometime...take care

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Rod this day is the first day of the rest of your life and by God sir if you are like the rest of us oldies you should enjoy every single minute and you deserve it - GOOD LUCK. Have a read under the similar heading regarding retirement. Incidentally with good behaviour you could have committed murder three times and still be a free man - now there's a thought hehehehe
Less of the "oldies" ya old bottyburp :OP

May 29, 2007
Visit site
You lucky lucky people! Enjoy and do spare a thought for us poor souls stuck working for at least another 14 years (thats if i can retire at 55).

Keep in touch and tell all about your adventures.

TTFN

Regards Diane X

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Dianne you are a mere youngster with a glint in her eye and a hop in her step. You are wishing your life away - you are still in the first flush of life whilst us oldies (sorry Lord B you have to accept it) are now entering our second childhood. Before we know it we will be once again spoon or bottle fed and have our nappies changed. Make the most of your young life and enjoy your family as you do so.

May 29, 2007
Visit site
Yeah right! the only bottle you two will be drinking out of is Tesco whiskey and West country cider! Ever heard the Bryan Adams hit 18 til I Die? Think on!

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
(sorry Lord B you have to accept it) are now entering our second childhood. Before we know it we will be once again spoon or bottle fed

Colin if I have any choice in the matter there will be no bottle. I will have it draught, straight from the tap :O)

I'm still not weaned even at my age .... hehheh!

Aug 13, 2007
Visit site
Do you realy want to retire early,

I could have retired 5 years ago at 50, but still doing the job I love.

Yes Frank I am one of those Fire fighters that you were knocking on another post.

I still get a kick out of going into buildings when every one else is trying to get out, going to RTCs to cut the inocent & the not so inocent out of their wrecks. Retrieving animals from sewers & from trees, helping flood victims to protect their property, but most of all knowing that I might have saved somones loved one & put something back into the community that pays me for doing what I do best.

I am sure I speak for every body in the emergency services.

Retire aint got time to retire.

Sorry for boaring you.

Graham W.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
I thought you had to finish at 55 Graham unless (forgive the pun) you were well up the ladder.

In my 30 years there were two incidents that I found difficult to cope with. It was like my mind was doing 100 mph and this lasted for months. It was the fact that I was annoyed that caused me to be like it.

One was when a father murdered his 9 month old child and the other was moving two fire fighters to the mortuary. When I see comments like there were on here tonight I find an insult to their memories and people who make such comments must be truly sick.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Go on lass give us a laugh - as most of us have had our main holiday it would be a fitting end to the caravan period to have a "fellow" caravanner pleasantly amuse us.

May 29, 2007
Visit site
But your Lordship i think what he does is pick on something that he knows will get up peoples noses, and then he picks and picks until every one explodes.

Tbh i have a cousin who is an abulance driver, he is waiting to do his paramedic training, oh and guess what, before that he was a prison officer in Bristol.

So i do know where you are coming from.

Aug 31, 2007
Visit site
Hi Diane,

Don't feel sorry for me, because I have a different view to the people who are employed by the state, or ex state employees drawing pensions paid for by the working class.

X

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
I wont respond to your comments Diane especially as he isn't here except to say that making fun of a murdered female prison officer and accusing nurses of killing patients in their care is the pits and I'm sorry, I don't find it funny at all and no, I don't miss him :O)

May 29, 2007
Visit site
Ok, Colin. Adrian is my second husband we have been married 9 years and i am totally head of heals. He is my soul mate and the man i should have met first, But he is also 12 years my senior. This worries him alot. I would like to spend some quality time with him while we are both still fit enough to enjoy and get the most out of life.As you know i have lost both my parents at what i consider young ages 59 and 65, stupid i know but my family don,t seem to fare well after about 60. So now you all know. :)

Aug 31, 2007
Visit site
See how people pretended to be you last night, you can enter anyhing you like. Mod 2 why did you put a 24 hour block on me posting, Please send me an e-mail explaing why ?? ps I will e-mail haymarket in the morning, that is 5 posts of mine you have edited to meet your OWN criteria.

Val or is that Frank not sure

May 29, 2007
Visit site
OK, your lordship sir.X but i think he's back! Frank your are naughty.

Give my love to Val and tell her i am thinking of her. Hows she bearing up?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts