reversing aid

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi, I have seen an advert in the Feb. issue of the CC Magazine for a device called The Third Eye to make reversing easy, I know this is fitted to some cars as standard, but how easy is it to fit yourself, any advice would be greatful, thanks Allan.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
You can get different kinds of reversing sensors.Some require holes to be cut in the bumper while others mount on a bracket below the bumper.Once the sensors are fitted two wires are connected.One goes to the reverse light and one to earth.

If you have a fixed towbar its better to get the 4 sensor rather than the 3 sensor type.I have fitted a switch on the dashboard as well so that I can switch off when the caravan is on the back.Conrad Anderson does a range (www.conrad-anderson.co.uk)

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Lutz and best regards.

The CC magazine of Feb has a full page advert for the "Third Eye" on page 84.There are three options available : 2 sensors at

May 21, 2008
Visit site
You can get all sorts today. I use the cheapest, the wife. Joking apart. Most are fairly easy DIY fitment. You can even get camera's to fit on the back which are good. Gone are the days when reversing your caravan do you have to remember what you just passed or struggle with using mirrors to reverse.

I'm used to reversing on mirrors only having driven lorries, but most car drivers because of the ease of looking through the back window don't have much practice at using mirrors to reverse.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts