reversing bleepers

Dec 24, 2008
Visit site
Hi All

My in-laws have managed to get a bulb with a built in bleeper for the reversing lights..,as soon as you select reverse gear the reversing lights come on as usual but so does the bleeper.

They got this a recent show at Knutsford but cant remember the name of the company.

Any ideas anyone .

Many Thanks.

Tom

May 21, 2008
Visit site
These reversing beepers can be found on Ebay.

As for the legality of using them at night, I have a solution.

Fit a seperate reversing light which can be found on Ebay or at Halfords. Fit the beeper into this. Then wire this into your car's reversing light circuit and connectit to a switch inside the car.

Then when you don't want to annoy the neighbors switch off the auxilary reversing light.

Simples.

Steve L.

Nov 29, 2007
Visit site
You can wire the bleeper earth via an in-line diode to the tail lamp circuit. When the lights are swithced on the bleeper earth is lost and the bleeper doesn't work. That way it is fully automatic for night time operation.

May 21, 2008
Visit site
Hi Ron.

There is nothing illegal about either the type Chrissy has come across or the seemingly cheaper version I've seen. My version didn't have any bulb detection circuit to disable the buzzer at night, hence my alternative fitting option.

On my Laguna I have fitted a pair of slimline front fog lights to the rear of my car because the standard reversing lights are hopeless in the dark. I wired them in using a relay and fed a switch lead to the dashboard, so that I can turn them off if desired.

Atb Steve L.

Jul 28, 2008
Visit site
Sorry to be a killjoy, but according to the Construction and Use Regulations, unless your vehicle is:-
  1. A Goods Vehicle with a maximum authorised mass in excess of 2000 kgs,
  2. A Bus,
  3. Engineering Plant,
  4. A Refuse Vehicle,
  5. Works Truck,
- then these reversing warnig bleepers are NOT legal if used on public roads (in certain circumstances that can apply to Campsites if the public have access). If they are fitted to any of the above vehicles, then they must not be sounded between 23:30 and 07:00 hours.

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Surely caravanning is not something often done aloine and so you should have someone watching you back as you reverse and warning people to stand back neglecting the need for a reverser beeper

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts