Reversing Camera Anyone know which is the best to buy , che...

Jan 31, 2010
Visit site
hello people i am looking for a Reversing Camera for my caravan price range between £70-£150 anyone got one of these to recommend to me there is a lot on the market but to much choice to pick from .i need more visiblity on Reversing down my drive .

Wired Reversing Camera would be better for me

Jan 31, 2010
Visit site
i bought a cam but i don't know what to use to place it up high on the back of the van as the cam as a bracket on vans they screw them in place .the problem i got is you can't drill holes in the body work so i am sort of stumped on this problem i been racking my brains all day to find a way to place this anyone got any good ideas i have been told to use Silicone Sealant to hold it in place as this can be removed at a later date but i am not sure if this would work as the cam could work lose.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have fitted cameras high up to a few of my vans

I drill the panel and use rubber Rawlbolts as used on some caravan rear lights

The hole for the cable is sealed with silicons sealant and when disposing of the van a metal GB plate is siliconed over the holes

My friend fitted his to one side of the no plate space so that he could centralise a plate when selling

High up is better as you can see over cars if in convoy with another caravan

May 5, 2005
Visit site
I,ve got a bit of plastic fascia board with the camera bolted on and the board siliconed to the top of van.Its not perfect but no drilling esp while its in warranty.You can also get number plate cameras but i didnt want to see wiring,as I do it it goes in the o/s awning rail with a 10meter length,you could also run it accross the roof with sticky pads and tiewraps.

Sep 23, 2009
Visit site
On mine have attached camera to stainless sheet fabricated to fit to top of rear panel and used large sheet of super strong self stick velcro to attach stainless to top of plastic panel, no holes drilled.

Landyman

Jan 31, 2010
Visit site
I have fitted cameras high up to a few of my vans

I drill the panel and use rubber Rawlbolts as used on some caravan rear lights

The hole for the cable is sealed with silicons sealant and when disposing of the van a metal GB plate is siliconed over the holes

My friend fitted his to one side of the no plate space so that he could centralise a plate when selling

High up is better as you can see over cars if in convoy with another caravan
hello whats the best Silicone Sealant for putting plastic to metal/alloy i have bought some but to no avail its not gone off strong enough

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
i bought a cam but i don't know what to use to place it up high on the back of the van as the cam as a bracket on vans they screw them in place .the problem i got is you can't drill holes in the body work so i am sort of stumped on this problem i been racking my brains all day to find a way to place this anyone got any good ideas i have been told to use Silicone Sealant to hold it in place as this can be removed at a later date but i am not sure if this would work as the cam could work lose.
When fitting marker boards to the back of my van for a trip to Spain last year I bought some sticky pads from B&Q.

They have a small tab that sticks out when they are in place, and you pull this tab to remove it from the van cleanly.

Worked well for me.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts