Reversing Camera wireless / wi-fi

Oct 30, 2008
Visit site
Hi, I'm looking at adding a reversing camera to my van, hoping to do it with a wireless camera / transmitter and connecting via wi-fi or Bluetooth to my Android phone / tablet.

Any thoughts on options available please.
Also, any idea how the camera could be fixed and wired to the rear of the van.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Although my camera is a wired unit, I mounted the camera to a plate then stuck the plate to the caravan using the thick number plate attaching pads. Been there over three years, to remove use a piece of 18swg wire to cut through the pads.

Feb 23, 2018
Visit site
EH52ARH said:
Although my camera is a wired unit, I mounted the camera to a plate then stuck the plate to the caravan using the thick number plate attaching pads. Been there over three years, to remove use a piece of 18swg wire to cut through the pads.

Hutch, how is your camera wired?

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
It't hard wired from the camera to the screen, but I have fed the wire down the right side off the caravan in the awning rail, under the A frame which then give me plenty of cable to hook up to the screen in the back of the car. The screen sits forward of the gear select in the Cubby hole, so in theory legal. A. I dindn't link it to the reverse light, as I want to view behind me. Its great. , have to vary colour and contrast to suit the sunlight or night. Would not be without it now.

But reversing onto the site atThe Woosie Festbound to **** up. :woohoo:

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I will try and get photos between , cutting the grass, getin one dogs Anti rabies Injections, etc. Before our Woosie fest. . Come on over to Woodthorpe, and see for your self. :p
CA, your not that far away.

Feb 23, 2018
Visit site
EH52ARH said:
I will try and get photos between , cutting the grass, getin one dogs Anti rabies Injections, etc. Before our Woosie fest. . Come on over to Woodthorpe, and see for your self. :p

Ahh, would love to! I'm only about 2hrs away. Sadly we've just come back from a 2 week tour and are back to work now. Caravan needs a thorough cleaning and a trip back to the dealers to rectify all the stuff that broke or fell off during the 1000 miles of towing!

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
CustardAvenger said:
EH52ARH said:

Ahh, would love to! I'm only about 2hrs away. Sadly we've just come back from a 2 week tour and are back to work now. Caravan needs a thorough cleaning and a trip back to the dealers to rectify all the stuff that broke or fell off during the 1000 miles of towing!

Oh well hope you get it all fixed, , always something to get fixed. ;)

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
CustardAvenger said:
EH52ARH said:

Oh well hope you get it all fixed, , always something to get fixed. ;) wait until you do a six week, 3500 k trip around France. Almost nothing went wrong, but caravan well overweight. Ooops.

Feb 23, 2018
Visit site
EH52ARH said:
CustardAvenger said:
EH52ARH said:

Oh well hope you get it all fixed, , always something to get fixed. ;) wait until you do a six week, 3500 k trip around France. Almost nothing went wrong, but caravan well overweight. Ooops.

I don't get that much annual leave!! Currently making a list of all the niggles for the nice people at Broad Lane!

For the time being my wife is the 'spotter'. My mobile phone is connected to the car and she calls me from her phone and guides me back. This technique was put to good use in a Welcome Break on the M5 when I was boxed in. Latency is not much of an issue but I might pick up a pair of walkie talkies as there were times in Scotland where only one of us had phone signal (different networks) which would have made this process more difficult and will be easier to hear her during light checks (outfit is 40 feet long!).

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I have a pair of Binatone handsets, very handy if your travelling with another caravan around the Paris periphery road and get separated.

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
EH52ARH said:
I have a pair of Binatone handsets, very handy if your travelling with another caravan around the Paris periphery road and get separated.

We have a pair of these for the kids for when we are on site and there is a park , we keep one , they go off to the park and keep in touch every 10 minutes or vice versa . Brilliant

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Craigyoung said:
EH52ARH said:

We have a pair of these for the kids for when we are on site and there is a park , we keep one , they go off to the park and keep in touch every 10 minutes or vice versa . Brilliant

Yes SWMBO, does the same for me when I take the dogs out at night and there is a pub nearby and no phone signal. :evil:

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
EH52ARH said:
Craigyoung said:
EH52ARH said:

Yes SWMBO, does the same for me when I take the dogs out at night and there is a pub nearby and no phone signal. :evil:

Haha ! what do you do ?
Do you switch it off when you're having a swift sneaky few pints and say you were out of range when she try's to recall you ha !! :p

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Craigyoung said:
EH52ARH said:
Craigyoung said:
EH52ARH said:

Haha ! what do you do ?
Do you switch it off when you're having a swift sneaky few pints and say you were out of range when she try's to recall you ha !! :p

No The Boss comes and meets me. :p

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
CustardAvenger said:
EH52ARH said:

Hutch, how is your camera wired?

20180912_151203.jpg

20180912_151218.jpg

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts