Reversing mirror on 4x4

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
Reversing mirror on 4x4, the one that sticks to the rear window, just wondering how good they are as the ones for sale only stick on the glass and if you go over a bump do they drop off ?

Plus can they assisted with hitching up the van or keep the wife.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Just something else to buy and carry.

Why not use your door mirrors/ extended mirrors like the Truckes do.

Hitch up and ensure the outfit is straight.

Make a small mark on each mirror and then get SWMBO to mark the caravan front with two marks that correspond exactly with the marks on you mirrors. Left a bit right a bit etc.

Thereafter as you reverse next time they wil slowly line up and hey presto all sorted.

A very similar method as used by the Dam Busters.

With practice you wont need any marks because you will know as you reverse , using the mirrors just when to stop.

Cheers

Dustydog

Jul 15, 2005
Visit site
I have one of the mirrors you describe and have had it for 3 years. They do not drop off, or at least mine doesn't, but I do find that if the sun's rays are striking the lens you do have difficulty seeing anything. Normally you can see closer

to the rear of your vehicle that you can see through the rear window but not close enough to view the towing hook. It is still difficult to estimate distances and I wouldn't trust mine when parking. Hope this is helpful. brian.f

Jun 14, 2009
Visit site
Reg said "Plus can they assisted with hitching up the van or keep the wife."

Reg,

I would most definately keep the wife, otherwise you will be a lonely caravanner. I'm sure you would miss Pat's cuddles?

David

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts