Ringtone rip off

Jun 7, 2005
Visit site
Having vowed never to get involved in this kind of service, (why would you need to there are plenty standard ones which come with the phone) I was nagged into it yesterday by my youngest son who not only wants a phone for his birthday but also the A Dr Who ringtone installing.

We found the tune he wanted and checked to make sure it is a "once only purchase" and not subscription, went through the proceedure and spent the indicated £4.50 but guess what, ringtone never arrived.

Despite several nasty e-mails to Customer support still no reply from them, not even an acknowledgment that they have received my message.

Does anyone know if there is anykind of regulatory body to whom you can report this kind of blatent fraud?

So this post can remain as a warning, I will post the name the offending web site seperatly.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We've had this problem with Jamster, but to be fair, I did email and phone, and I did receive a refund (twice!!), through the post from Germany with English cash inside. Just tell them it was an under 16 who ordered it, as that is against their rules and regulations!

Sep 13, 2006
Visit site
You can download songs etc as mp3s to most phones and them set them as the default ringtone.

Why pay ?

If you want tailored software capable of doing it download Nokia suite from nokia.com or similar from Sony Ericson etc. It is free, you need to say you have a Nokia etc but the software does work on other phones.

You will also need a connection between the phone and computer in the form of cable, bluetooth, Infra red or WLAN or to have a phone with a memory card you can remove and plug into the computer.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts