rip in awning

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi,i am interested if anyone has any advice about home repair of awnings.This season our Isabella awning sustained a small tear to the roof, therefore to help cut the cost of expensive manufacturer repair i wondered if anyone has any good suggestions of D.I.Y repairs.Thanks.Ian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Ian, I have an Isabella 240 Porch which has a few very small holes caused by wear from the roof pole supports.I have just repaired them with Stormsure a Quest Leisure product.I obtained mine from Campbells at Kirkham Lanc's.It is suitable for a wide range of materials.It is akin to a rubber solution which sets to a flexible skin over the rip or hole, it cost

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I had to repair a panel in my old awning where the dog had decided out of boardome to have a chew. You first need to get hold of some canvas material the same as your awning colour part that is ripped. I then used an old treddle sewing machine with cobblers thread and a large size 16 eye needle and sewed the piece on over the rip on the outside of the awning and afterwoods turned over the material and cut away the ripped piece from the inside of the panel and it looked a real good job. If you are not able to use a sewing machine, then try pinning the material in place using strong nylon/manmade thread (stronger than cotton) and sew very small neat stitches checking all the time to keep stitching looking good. But always put material on outside to cover rip, you could try the bonding strips that is used for womens hemlines which iron-on, but I would still re-inforce with some stitching.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
HiIan, Maybe my reply is a bit late but The Tent and Awning Clinic sell small hand repair items such as threads, materials etc. Check their website or give them a phone they are always very helpful any time I have needed help.

www.tentawningclinic.fsnet.co.uk/home.htm

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts