Rip Off gas Prices

Jan 20, 2008
Visit site
Hi yesterday I went up to my local Caravan dealer Viscount Caravans Southampton and purchased a 6KG Calor Propane refill £17.25 seemed a bit dear but as I had not purchased one since September 05 £13.45 I just assumed it had gone up 22% however A quick ring round today and the 3 other dealers I rang are charging 15.25 so I guess its a case of buyer beware and ring first unless any body knows if Calor set the sell on price?

Regards

Steve

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Resale Price Maintenance was abolished about 30 years ago. With just a handful of exceptions, any retail outlet can sell any product at any price they want.

Check out Calor Direct on Freephone 0800 626 626. They'll deliver to home or site. Even with the small delivery charge they're cheaper than caravan dealers or sites. They'll also exchange cylinder sizes and gases without any fuss.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Stephen

Why stay with Calor? I used Flogas propane when I had a static van on the east coast were I collected it from the Depot.

I now collect mine for my tourer from a local Hire company it's

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Don't just worry about bottled gas take a look at tonight's news where British Gas is to increse the cost of household gas by 25%. This is yet another case similar to profits on petrol of RIP OFF BRITAIN for the fat cats.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Lord B I beg of you don't start me going down the politics argument as I will again get my back up as of Friday night. There are good and bad points in all political colours whether it be Tory, Labour, Communism or even to a certain extent BNP.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Lord B I beg of you don't start me going down the politics argument as I will again get my back up as of Friday night. There are good and bad points in all political colours whether it be Tory, Labour, Communism or even to a certain extent BNP.
.. well if you are going to get your back up Colin please hurry . Once Ive started you off I can go to bed ;O) heheheh!

Nov 1, 2005
Visit site
We can all criticise government,and regularly do, but if we were in power we'd do the same. We'd realize that we had 3 or 4 years to get ourselves and our friends as rich as possible before our bubble burst.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
And also if they play their cards right to have a gong as well. Look at Lord B - he has done more converting the caravan fraternity to Labour than any Tory MP so he ended up with a Lordship. Where the hell is this country going to?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Steve

Viscount Caravans have the highest prices in their accessory shop in the area. Get your gas from the Calor Centre in Millbrook, Southampton and other items from Towsure.

Regards

Clive S

Jul 9, 2006
Visit site
Hi All

I use calor gas at home. I buy it bulk for a big tank in the garden from calor.It currently costs 32.7 pence a litre
Martyn,

That seems expensive. We are paying 26p per litre. What area of the country do you live in - I can probably recommend a cheaper supplier.

Regards

Nick

Jul 9, 2006
Visit site
Hi Nick

Northamptonshire
Hi Martyn

Try the following:

www.lister.co.uk

www.shellgas.co.uk

www.directgas.co.uk (now owned by Flogas)

www.flogas.co.uk

www.bp.com

You should be able to reduce the price by shopping around. Your current supplier will probably match the best quote you receive. We also demanded, and received

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
I wish I could get Her Ladyship to read this thread, she is oh so ungrateful. Everytime I let a fluffer go she complains and I tell her that she should be thankful that I'm giving out free gas.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I wish I could get Her Ladyship to read this thread, she is oh so ungrateful. Everytime I let a fluffer go she complains and I tell her that she should be thankful that I'm giving out free gas.
Typical of the Westminster clan - they are all a bag of wind -hehehe

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts