Rivendale, Derbyshire

Apr 13, 2005
Visit site
rivendale is a very nice park, it has been developed tastefully from an old quarry and is nicely laid out although some of the pitches are quite tight to access and some are too small for awnings so you will need to check if you want to put one up.

The site is very tidy as are the shower and toilet blocks, apparently last year theire was some problems with youths around the toilets area but in all the times i have been to site i have had no problems at all. you will find a small pub and a restuarant on site plus a small shop and reception with friendly staff. by and large i would say the site is first class, you will need rock pegs for your awning due to the site being an old quarry, the ground is very very hard.

In the area you have loads to do the peak district and surrounding areas are superb, just across the road from the site is the dissuesed railway line which is now a walking area and this ideal especially if you have a dog as it can walk safely off the lead. Note you will need to book early as the site is very popular, easter for example was booked up 9 months ago.

Nov 1, 2005
Visit site
I was there, but 4 years ago now. Can't remember having any gripes about the site. If you like looking at grey rock the views from your 'van will be spectacular:) Site was clean and well cared for as I recall. You can always take the half hour drive to Alton Towers for the day.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts