Riverside. Paddock touring Park IOW

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have been down to this site several times and never seen anyone on there.

I have looked at their website and do not recognise any , bar one, of the pictures as being this site.
The only one that I can say is of there is the one pic of the portacabin toilet block.

The site name is a bit misleading, the site is not on the riverside, it is behind a residential park home site so one cannot actually see the river from the site.

If you don't want any facilities then this site may be for you as what is there is very basic.

There are much better sites on the Island and some have arrangements with the ferry companies which give very good "package" deals which include the ferry fare.

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
Damian,
Thanks for that reply I think we will give it a miss, we have going to the IOW for years but never heard of that site think it will be a club site orWaverley park,

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hey Camel ,
Waverley is a nice site at least with good views across the Solent.
The club sites again are of good standard even if the approach to Adgestone is somewhat challenging.

Another good site at Ryde is Whitefield Touring Park, and of course there are Haven sites as well.

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
We have been going to Waverley for years and it was sad when Peter died the owner after all that hard work he did to that site, during the season and Cowes week that part of the island is buzzing with all the wet bods in the puds, in fact my wife has family on there so I think it is a trip over in the near future,

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Yes.I remember Peter with very fond memories.
The first time I went on site to fix a caravan he said to me that he would prefer it if I was Gas Safe as he has the statics as well as the touring, so I followed his request and got my qualifications and Gas Safe registration .

Because of that , Peter became a very good friend and we had a long business connection.
I live in Cowes and always try and get away from the town for the duration of Cowes Week !!!!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts