Road lights

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
How can I power the road lights using the leisure battery?
Why should you want to?

The road lights are for when you are towing the caravan, and should operate in unison with the tow vehicles lighting. The danger of have any sort of switch over is it might be forgotten when you connect up to tow.

Sep 16, 2018
Visit site
I'm no electrician but probably the safest way would be to wire up a 13pin female socket with a positive and negative to the earth and lighting pins (someone else will know which or Google it) and lead the cable to the battery via a 3 amp in line fuse using crocodile clips.

No mucking about with the wiring loom and no risk of not switching over when you connect the car.

Aug 24, 2020
Visit site
I'm no electrician but probably the safest way would be to wire up a 13pin female socket with a positive and negative to the earth and lighting pins (someone else will know which or Google it) and lead the cable to the battery via a 3 amp in line fuse using crocodile clips.

No mucking about with the wiring loom and no risk of not switching over when you connect the car.

Yep, that's how I'd do it.

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Why should you want to?

The road lights are for when you are towing the caravan, and should operate in unison with the tow vehicles lighting. The danger of have any sort of switch over is it might be forgotten when you connect up to tow.
Hi,
I suppose you would want to if you are moving the van on the road at night time

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts