ROADSTAR DUAL CONTROL TV

Jun 1, 2005
Visit site
Hi , I friend recently bought this model with dvd player. He followed the set up instructions but had no sound when the tv was on but sound when the dvd players was on. Both he and myself followed the instruction manual that came with the tv but still no sound. In the end he returned the tv and got another one, again the same thing happened no sound on the tv. Can anyone help me out with this is there a magic switch you need to turn on or something. Please help.

May 25, 2005
Visit site
I would go back to the shop where you made your purchase and ask them to explain (in great detail) how the thing is supposed to work!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I don't know about this particular TV but is appears to me that it has not been set up for UK PAL which hasa different audio to video frequency seperation from other PAL systems. There should be a menu function that allows each channel to be programed with the UK PAL format.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I don't know about this particular TV but is appears to me that it has not been set up for UK PAL which hasa different audio to video frequency seperation from other PAL systems. There should be a menu function that allows each channel to be programed with the UK PAL format.
further to the point above the UK system is PAL version I. This has an sound system that is 6.0 Mhz seperation from the video signal. look in the menu for Sound System or similar which will give options 5.5M / 6.0M etc and select 6.0M.

Hope this helps. Ray

Jun 1, 2005
Visit site
Ray, My friend set the tv to PAL but it still didn,t work in the end he took it back to Argos and got a full refund. Pity because it seemed a good tv. Erica.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Erica, There are several variants of PAL, the TV is multi region which means it is switchable between numerous PAL systems. The German system, for example, is PAL but has a 5.5Mhz seperation between the picture and the sound but the UK system has 6.0 Mhz seperation. That is the reason you can see the picture but not hear the sound ,it has not been set up in the menu for PAL I( letter I) which is the UK version of PAL. Ray

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Another thing with these DVD or VCR/TV combo Tv's which people might not be aware of is this.

Most of them will NOT allow you to watch one channel, whilst taping another.

We have a Toshiba VTV1415, which is widely available, but you need to take a seperate VCR with you if you want to record another programme.

Had we known this when we bought it, we wouldn't have bought it!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts