Robert J Jackson (Rob_jax)

Nov 5, 2006
Visit site
Hello Rodger so sorry to hear that Rob-Jax as i new him has passed away I had the fortune of receiving good advice from him on several occasions

Mar 13, 2007
Visit site
hi all

yes indeed it is very sad news, my heart goes out to his family at this very difficult time he will be sadly missed on this and other forums he was a member of. I never met him but others who have said he was a diamond and a very knowligeable man, in his postings he seemed to know everything about everything and allways explained even complicated issues simply so that even a green newbie would understand perfectly.

God bless you robert. and rest in peace

colin

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
Yes, very sad. Although I never met him, I did communicate with directly with him on several occasions. He was a source of really expert information and will be sadly missed.

His contributions to the forum, both technical, especially on the subjects of oils and fuels, and his intimate knowledge of Belgium and the Netherlands were a great asset to us all.

Apr 26, 2005
Visit site
Hi Roger,

Thanks for taking the time to inform us.

I never met Rob but as others have said, found his postings very helpful and I learned a lot from his advice.

My condolences go to his family.

I will miss his contributions to the forum.

Ron

Aug 4, 2005
Visit site
Roger, thanks for taking the time to pass on this very sad news. I really can't add anything to what others have already said. I never met him other than on the internet where he seemed always ready to help anyone. If you logged on and saw a posting by rob_jax you knew it would be worth reading. I certainly picked up a good few tips from him.

Really sad news,only 54 years old too, will be greatly missed. My thoughts and good wishes go to his family.

Robert

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
It is with sadness that I have read of Robjax passing. I offer my sincere condolences to his family and every one who knew him.

I personally did not know him except for his postings on the forum, and as others have said, they were informative, and well balanced. He will be missed.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Rob-Jax was a highly respected and knowledgeable contributor to caravan forums and a valuable member of Practical Caravan forum. He readily and freely offered excellent advice to his fellow caravanners and he will be greatly missed.

Our thoughts and prayers are with Rob's family at this sad time.

Apr 4, 2005
Visit site
It occurred to me very recently that I had not seen any postings from Rob-Jax and I am now sorry to learn the reason.

I too found his postings very helpful and would also like to express my condolences to his family.

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Very sad news. As others have said here, Robert was very knowledgeable on just about any subject and he gave good balanced views. He will be greatly missed. My condolences to his family. Rod

G

I would also like to offer my condolences. I saw this yesterday and meant to respond then, but got sidetracked.

It is even more sad when I read his age. We should all be thankful for what we have.

Nov 13, 2008
Visit site
Thank you for posting the link with this very sad news.

I'd like to thank Rob for his fabulous and selfless work helping fellow caravanners in need, on this and other forums. His wisdom will be sadly missed and I'd like to pass on the condolences of the Practical Caravan team to all those close to him.

Nigel Donnelly

Editor

Practical Caravan

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have emailed Rob's company in Holland, telling them of the tributes on this Forum and asking them to kindly pass the message and links to his family (in case, for some reason, they were not aware of us)

Having spent my entire career in the same sort of business as Rob I recognised the true professional under the friendly manner and - as others have said - always considered his contributions to be the best.

I'm sure his business and professional friends are very sorry to hear the news and have joined us in exressing their respect.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts