Robin Hood

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Hi everyone

Have you been watching the series of Robin Hood?

Well picture this how about this if you come on the meet and you will be stopping on the Sherwood Forest Holiday Park which is only a mile or two away from Sherwood Forest where Robin Hood and his merry men used to hideout and be able to see the major oak.

Edwinstowe

Is the village that is next to Sherwood Forest where there are gift shops and food shops and a craft centre which is next to the cricket field at Sherwood Forest?

There is also a few pubs and restaurants for you to eat in.

There is also a car boot sale every Sunday near the campsite.

So if you would like to come just email the MOD and tell him that you would like to go on the meet and I will get back to you and send you the bit's so you can book and would you let me now when you have booked and the name that you have booked under as well.

We need to get booked as soon as you can as it will give everyone a good chance of a place if they would like to come.

Mark

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
That's very informative Mark.

And if you're really lucky, you might even stumble across this sex machine:

sirbuyofGisborne.jpg

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Hi lord B

I all so now the way to Thoresdy market and there is all so a car boot sale just up the road nest to Worsop wind mill.

Mark

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
When I was a kid we used to climb that tree Mark, you could also hide in the hole in the trunk. Last time I saw it, many years ago when my children were small, it was all lead sheeting, chains and props. What amazes me is the fair is still on the Green at Edwinstowe, it was there when I was a youngster so it's been there at least 50 odd years. Just down the road you also have Center Parcs if anyone wanted a bit of warmth for the day :O) Don't forget Rufford Abbey and its lake either, nice for a stroll if the weathers fine, thats within 3 miles.

If anyones going through Clipstone to get to the site then when passing the old girls house on the corner of First Avenue give her a toot hehheh!

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Vicars pond Mark :O) as the crow flies thats only about 200 yards from my mothers, the house I grew up in. I have many happy memories of that place but I have to admit it looks a lot better now since the pit tips have been bulldozed and it's all been landscaped. My earliest memory was of my grandfather coming to stay and he made me a rod out of a bamboo cane and some eye hooks. I caught a Bream which to a youngsters eyes was massive but in truth in probably wasn't very big. I also have some sad memories, in springtime when the toads were spawning, the part of the pond nearest the camera was full of dead toads, some in the middle of their spawning ritual. They were shot by youths with airguns. A sight forever stamped in my mind was of a toad in the middle of crawling away off the fire they had threw it onto. It was cremated in the crawling position. For what reason they did it I still don't know but in my mind I knew it was wrong and the kids who were doing it were the same age as myself. Just typing this saddens me and brings it all back but there are animals dying all over the planet from blatant cruelty and some sort of perverted satisfaction from the perpetrators. Think I'll get myself a drink and try and cheer up after that because the likes of me won't change people and give them feelings for other forms of life. :O)

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Vicars pond Mark :O) as the crow flies thats only about 200 yards from my mothers, the house I grew up in. I have many happy memories of that place but I have to admit it looks a lot better now since the pit tips have been bulldozed and it's all been landscaped. My earliest memory was of my grandfather coming to stay and he made me a rod out of a bamboo cane and some eye hooks. I caught a Bream which to a youngsters eyes was massive but in truth in probably wasn't very big. I also have some sad memories, in springtime when the toads were spawning, the part of the pond nearest the camera was full of dead toads, some in the middle of their spawning ritual. They were shot by youths with airguns. A sight forever stamped in my mind was of a toad in the middle of crawling away off the fire they had threw it onto. It was cremated in the crawling position. For what reason they did it I still don't know but in my mind I knew it was wrong and the kids who were doing it were the same age as myself. Just typing this saddens me and brings it all back but there are animals dying all over the planet from blatant cruelty and some sort of perverted satisfaction from the perpetrators. Think I'll get myself a drink and try and cheer up after that because the likes of me won't change people and give them feelings for other forms of life. :O)
p.s. my cousin Keith Hatfield is the Ranger/Warden for the park.I also have a pic cutting out of the Chad of my brother holding up a fish with another mate taken about 1959.

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Mark & Sharon

5 Jan 2007 02:40 PM Hi Everyone

I have been to the campsite this morning to check who is going on the meet and there is 5 confirmed so far.

If you have booked can you make sure that you have booked as part of the practical caravan meet, other wise you will not be on the same part of the site as the rest of us.

Could l also have your proper name that you have booked in.

Can l also remind you that you only have until the end of January to book on the meet.

This is your last chance to join us on what will be a good weekend

Look forward to hearing from you.

Mark

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Hi every one has you now you have until the 31 of January to book. If you would like to come on the meet this Easter.

There are only 5 places left and the site is fully booked at Easter. when the close date come they will be put the pitches that we have not filled on open sale.

Mark

TRENDING THREADS