rock pegs - help needed

Apr 20, 2008
Visit site
Hi

over time i have broke quite a few of the plastic caps / lugs that at attached to the end of my rock pegs.

Does anyone know where i can get replacements from???

Or does any one have any alternative suggestions as to what to use instead.

Cheers

David

Apr 20, 2008
Visit site
I have a few of these also - no problems with this sort but they a thin and light weight compared to the solid thick ones with the plastic caps (the caps are green in colour)

Jan 23, 2007
Visit site
I seem to break off 3 or 4 plastic lugs each time I pack up.

I have just trialled screwpegs and have to say I am converted.You screw these into the ground and screw them out again with a power drill with a convertor on the end.

They seem expensive until you work out how much you are spending on replacement rock pegs because you cannot get spare lugs.

Mar 8, 2007
Visit site
David,

The way I get around this problem is to use steel washers under the lugs, then when you have to extract them from the ground, you can use a claw hammer,

bet regards, Martin

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Hi Frank

I was converted to screwpegs 3 years ago.

On hardstandings I hammer them in. It's easier , quicker and as you say they unscrew with the cordless drill with no effort.

Cheers

Alan

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi

With reference to screw in pegs, we use zinc coated coach screws from B&Q, lot cheaper, long ones for the awning, short ones with big washers for the ground sheet,hammer them into the hardstanding and unscrew them when it's time to go.

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
I've tried to find a source of the green tops for 3 years to no avail. These pegs are the best but only when not broken. Good idea about washers though.

Jul 3, 2006
Visit site
I use 6" coachscrews from screwfix with a wingnut driven past the threads to sit loose on the threadles shank, I would never hammer them in as the whole point of using screwpegs is that you can "wiggle" them around the stones as you drive them in

Feb 20, 2006
Visit site
david

i have same problem,so i now replace the broken plastic cap with a plastic screw bottle top ,drill a 11m.m hole in it ,you can get yellow ones which show up better in the dark,they dont smash if you hit them ,like the original tops.hope this helps you out

colin.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts