roof bike carriers

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Preferably ones that don't have a joint in the middle as these can give and make the bikes move somewhat. We have just purchased the Thule 575 ones, a twin pack at Halfords for

Aug 11, 2005
Visit site
I think Janet actually said all that Graham F. Pay attention!

Thule are mince and your bikes will probably fall off. Better buy Atera Giro bike carriers. Atera make standard fit factory kit for Audi, VW, Renault and other top brand car companies. No nonsense clamping systems too

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Chris posted = "Thule are mince and your bikes will probably fall off."

Please can you explain what you mean and what evidence do you have to support the statement?

Aug 11, 2005
Visit site
Pivots got worn after 2 years use. One bike slipped out itself and helped dislodge a second one. Both flew off at speed into the path of a following Volvo 740/Sprite Alpine combo on their way to Faskally Park for the weekend. Note that the bikes were not covered under my caravan insurance and I had to fork out another

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I carry three bikes on the roof of a CRV using Thule carriers. I have carried them for thousands of miles at 60mph, including trips to the south of France. The carriers have proved very reliable and I have had no problems at all.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I think Janet actually said all that Graham F. Pay attention!

Thule are mince and your bikes will probably fall off. Better buy Atera Giro bike carriers. Atera make standard fit factory kit for Audi, VW, Renault and other top brand car companies. No nonsense clamping systems too
Best you pay attention to Chris!, if you read my posting correctly I was advising that there was a further

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts