Roof Blinds.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
On our Coachman 560, 2013, on ou roof blinds, I have noticed that the "silvering" has now gotten Pin holes, which lets the light through, not a real problem just a niggle.
I have tried silver nail varnish on the blind but works for a while, anyone have any ideas about repairs please.

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Martin24 said:
Hutch, stop being a tight wad. It's falling to bits so just trundle out and get a new van on order.

Well said martin . It gets a bit desperate and worrying when you start using 'your' nail polish hutch for repairs ! :p

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Craigyoung said:
Martin24 said:
Hutch, stop being a tight wad. It's falling to bits so just trundle out and get a new van on order.

Well said martin . It gets a bit desperate and worrying when you start using 'your' nail polish hutch for repairs ! :p
Nice one boys. :p
It's those little pricks ( of light) that get to him :evil: :whistle:

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
On our last van i ended up putting a black tea towel between the blind and the heki , gently placed on and pulled accross done the trick . No need for nail polish :blush: :p

Craig .

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Dustydog said:
Craigyoung said:
Martin24 said:

Nice one boys. :p
It's those little pricks ( of light) that get to him :evil: :whistle:

Thanks for all the help lads, this must be a conspirancy, Martin I am not buying a new van, This ones hardly worn in, and Craig, it's My nail varnish, I bought it and its glittery. .
So come on how can I seal the little areas of light coming through.

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Not that we should have to but could you not push a bit of cardboard into the heki area to stop the light coming through on early mornings ?

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Craig, its not that serious its the window blind above the lounge area, just two or three small pin point areas, it's just that I know they are there, the nail varnish seems to work for a while then another area apears. It doesn't wake the dogs anyway.

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
If you insist on not changing the van despite it's general deterioration and ageing :blink: . Putting E in the embarrassing situation of the old shape van and feeling uncared for because of this :whistle: , then why not have a new blind? :p

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Not sure I would follow Dusty and use black tape but there are opaque white tapes available which would look less of a mess from the outside.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Raywood said:
Not sure I would follow Dusty and use black tape but there are opaque white tapes available which would look less of a mess from the outside.

Not sure he'd see it from the outside unless he was 10 feet tall ;)

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Gabsgrandad said:
Dusty, E would see it from anywhere any angle, just like most of our good ladieswould, think the only solution might be Martin's? ;) ;) ;)

I am sure this is a conspirancy, I am NOTbuying a new Caravan for the sake of a blind. I think I might try some Humbrol model paint, rather than waste my nail varnish,
And Martin E likes the shape of our caravan :cheer:

Nov 6, 2006
Visit site
I you suggest that you remove the inner surround to the rooflight - its only a few screws (and a couple of electrical connectors if you have an electric version. Reason? on the inside you will find all manner of debris - twigs, leaves, dust, dead insects. These all fall into the creases, so the daily folding helps wear away the material. Use the crevice tool on the vac (get permission!) along with a small soft paintbrush to loosen the debris.

On electric versions, take the opportunity to spray some PCB lacquer on the circuit boards, because even in such an exposed location they don't have any - penny pinching as usual.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Chris, its not the fan roof light, it the main ceiling window blind, there is no debris its just the silvering that has had a couple of pin head areas appear.
Oh and thanks for not saying buy a new Caravan like "The Conspiritors" keep suggesting.

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
We had the same problem in our 2014 Coachman. We have a new Coachman and have noticed a couple of pin holes already. I don't have the answer for Hutch but will raise it under warranty. Do you find that the fly screen blows out of the runners when it gets windy?

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
waffler said:
We had the same problem in our 2014 Coachman. We have a new Coachman and have noticed a couple of pin holes already. I don't have the answer for Hutch but will raise it under warranty. Do you find that the fly screen blows out of the runners when it gets windy?

Hi Waffler, no ours seems to be ok , It would be interesting to see what the dealer says, the one above the bed is ok, by the way which dealership do tou use?

May 14, 2017
Visit site
Our roof blinds are suffering the same fate. It always seems to happen on the folds so its an area which flexes a fair bit. Maybe a bit of grey silicone sealant on the offending holes might do the trick just smidged on with a fingertip?

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Kerb D, it's our roof roller blinds, not had a problem with the folding blinds on the vertical windows yet apart from coming out of the rails and being "akward"

Mar 28, 2007
Visit site
Had exactly the same problem with the blind above the bed (Bailey Senator 5).
I removed the blind and from the top stuck small folds of aluminium foil with a spot of super glue over the holes.
It's good idea to take a photo from the inside to identify exactly where the holes are, as once the blind is down it is quite difficult to see them without a strong light source.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts