Roof mounted Solar Panel

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Does anyone have any suggestions on how I might fit (temporarily) a solar panel to the roof of my caravan, obviuously without causing damage. Although it would be lying flat, I guess in the long run it gets more rays that way. I have a lightweight type that has the solar collector layed onto a sheet of alluminium. There are gromets at each corner.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
As its only a temporary fix I suggest rubber suckers or bungee

straps to the awning rails each side with a piece of sponge underneath or perhaps some white coloured velcro strips.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
As its only a temporary fix I suggest rubber suckers or bungee

straps to the awning rails each side with a piece of sponge underneath or perhaps some white coloured velcro strips.
With a bit more reflection on the topic - why not loop a piece of string around the top air vent frame using just two holes on the solar panel and tie it in firmly in place that should be easy enough,

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
With a bit more reflection on the topic - why not loop a piece of string around the top air vent frame using just two holes on the solar panel and tie it in firmly in place that should be easy enough,
Hi Chris

It is important that an air gap of at leats 15m allround otherwise the panel will over heat, I am asuming that you only place it on the roof of the van when on site, it would be unwise to travel with it in place, unless it is a perminant fixture.

take care

Jim M

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts