roof problems on new Lunar

Dec 7, 2006
Visit site
Having already posted how pleased we are our new Lunar I'm having a bit of a rethink. While the van is stylish and fantastic in so msny ways I'm a bit concerned about the roof. We are currently in France on an extended trip and this is the first time we've used the van in the rain. When I took the van off the leveller on our last site, gallons ( and I'm not exagerating) of rain water poured off the roof. I later checked after more rain and water is welling around the large rooflight fitted to this type of van. No water ingress but surely this can't be right, the pudfle stayed there for days. Any views?

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
It is normal.
When the van is level water will collect around roof vents which is why when storing the van that it is left nose down to allow run off.

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
We have a Lunar Delta TI and we had a problem with water on the roof. Due to an oversight, we left the caravan virtually level while it was in storage. Water gathered on the roof and this with a high wind forced the water through the skylight resulting in a soaking wet bed and floor. As the caravan has a water ingress warranty we left it to the dealer to sort out the problem.
Even when it is dry, we get bits like very small leaves blowing into the caravan due to the skylights not sealing tight and preventing air or water entering the caravan. We generally store nose up so water runs offf the rear end and windows in front stay generally clean.,

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Once we had clearly got the van spot on level for a very very wet week. On departing OH bent over the tow hitch to wind it down onto the tow ball. At which point several cold gallons of water cascaded over his back. I was laughing so much that I could hardly breathe. Strangely he didn't find it quite so funny. :cheer:
Mel

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Unless you have a high rise apex style roof ponding is almost mandatory when pitched on an even keel.
Ever wondered why the roof is one of the dirtiest places on the caravan?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts