Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Just getting info for next summers hols. Thinking of going plymouth - Roscoff, can you park on Roscoff for the night after getting off the ferry. Is this a good sailing any info would be great.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Sailed three years ago Plymouth to Roscoff, Left Plymouth with small wash/wc area - clean but basic. Landed Roscoff - beautiful clean shower/toilet facilities, cafe area and clean over night free parking. If you book the night crossing have a cabin -do not book the reclining seats on board - very uncomfy and noisy, people attempting to sleep on the floor and very crowded. Crossing is approx. 6 hours so be prepared for long sea journey and treat it as part of your holiday. Good luck and enjoy the crossing.

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
If it's any help the Municipal de Perharidy in Santec (only just W of Roscoff) and on the coast is worth using as an overniter or longer. Has direct access to a soft white sandy beach. Check that they know your arrival time, we used it off the late ferry a couple of years ago, but had to find someone to open the security barrier by waving my booking at a man with mop and bucket!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
There is no problem over nighting on the dock and as Colin says the toilets etc in the terminal building are good. The problem is when coming home and the fridge lorries park with you.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The is a new boat now if you ask for the boat it takes four and a half hours you can park on the docks and the docks are very nice it is not like our dock here you are on the edge of the town and Roscoff is very smart not what you would expect it is like a small York or Chester you don't get many lorries in the area i never seen one on the boat make sure you get a cabin day or nite crossing if you or kids are ill you will need to use it. I stayed at La Capucines very nice site 35miles from the boat.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts