Ross Park in Devon

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
Hi Has anyone been to Ross Park Caravan Park in Devon? I would really like your thoughts and any opinions on places to visit, walks to do, pubs to visit etc. Many thanks

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Not actually stayed there, we are less than 3 miles from the Park.
They seemed to have been awarded good results over the years by Practical caravan readers polls including awards for there loo's.
Believe they have a bar/restaurant on site so no driving!!!
But there are a lot of pubs to choose from, Pig and Whistle just down the road, Two mile oak, if you want more out of the way country pubs let me know.
Loads in the area to do, National Trust properties, Steam railways, Paignton Zoo, beaches etc etc.
Walks up on Dartmoor
If you want to be more specific, ask away and I'll do my best.
What time of year do you intend to visit.

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
Hi Gagakev
Thanks for your help - booked for 10 days in August (stuck with school hols I'm afraid!). Love beach visits, walks, eating out (pub types), National trust properties/country houses oh and if there are any vineyards to visit that would be great......We aren't really into piers, amusements etc. Thanks

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Did Ross Park 12 years ago and had a great time.
Jallin you wont be disappointed.
Slapton Sands is where I did a Coastal Ecology Course many years ago. Loads of rock pools for the kids to explore. It also has a dark historical side :eek:hmy:

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Heard lots of good things about Ross park, however, we prefer Dornafield, a stones through away.

Gagakev forgot to mention Cockington Village, worth a wander.

And of course if you like Extreme Pitch and Putt, Shaldon requires hiking boots and oxygen. Its almost vertical.

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
We have been and consider it to be very good and more convenient than Dornafield it is a very very well maintained site with flowers and hanging baskets everywhere,bar/restaurant and huge 'tropical' conservatory,also dog walks and even a shower and dryer for your pooch.
I told a friend about it they went and now go twice a year for the last few years.
Strongly recommend

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
I agree with plotter, they even tow your van on and site it. While we were there we went to the shop to a few bits and bobs we needed for a curry, they did not have any onions in the shop but the nice lady went out to thier own garden and pulled one for us!!!. Now that is what i call customer relations.

Steve

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
Hi thanks for all your replies and suggestions. I am pleased people have positive things to say as this is our first main holiday in the area and in this country for many years!! Really looking forward to it now....

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
MMM woodlandscamper - now there is where the problem may lie......We are approaching it with the mindset expect a variety of good old British weather and any sunshine will be great!!

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Sorry Jallin there will be no sunshine here in August .......................we are taking it with us to Dorset :whistle: :cheer:

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
Thanks all! Having just had our weekend in the caravan ruined by snow - we couldn't get our van off the farm!!! I am now a tad worried that I will replace Kev as a rain God/Goddess in August. Is the weather really variable in August or is this asking a very silly question which is basically unanswerable......

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
You might be able to share your Godship, but you will never discard it, Although at Pickering, the weather was good.

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
We have been - we stayed on two separate occasions during the school summer holidays. Absolutely superb site ... good facilities for my then 15 and next year 16 year old son and his mate. Excellent food in the conservatory (dog friendly). Only downside for us was having to travel out to beaches but with a car, not an issue. Far worthy of their awards and hope to return again soon with our newly acquired dog in tow!

Sep 6, 2015
Visit site
No, but we have stayed at Hillhead near Brixham. The site is good for children. Great for coastal walks, beaches as mentioned but also the drive to East Portlemouth opposite Salcombe is worth while - lovely sandy beach and well kept. Steam trains, boat trips, fishing galore. Trip to Dartmouth well worth it. Rock Fish in Brixham great to eat at, overlooking the harbour.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts