Apr 16, 2007
Visit site
Although my wife and I have toured extensively in France, we have tended to travel around the south of the country. This year, for the first time, we intend to go to Normandy, travelling from Zeebrugge. I have read on this and other forums that there is/has been a problem with a bridge in Rouen. Can anyone tell me if there is still a problem with this bridge or has it been rectified? Also, we are to travel to the other side of the city. Is the best route to follow the motorway/main road through the city centre as shown on google map?

Thanks

Lawrence

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi Lawrence , we travelled back through Roen last year whilst the bridge was shut , utter chos ! But I believe it's all reopened now , the week after we were there ! As for google mapping , I was following our sat nav ! Just a few weeks till we do it again , can't wait , enjoy .

Craig .

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
............Pont Methild is fully open to traffic in Rouen.
You could also go via the A 29 and the Pont De Normandie and miss out Rouen altogether!

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
The bridge in Rouen is fully open again, but if you want to choose an alternative route which is toll-free and doesn't involve the bridge, then email me at valdaathome@gmail.com for details.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts