route from glasgow to scarborough

Mar 2, 2006
Visit site
Was there for Easter from Falkirk area and go to Yorkshire often trouble free route M74, M6 to Penrith A66 to Scotch corner

A1, A1M to Harrogate cut off follow road to york go round bypass to the Scarboro' road no steep hills I expect the hill you refer to is Sutton Bank caravans are benned from this road although there is a signposted diversion

will

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Was there for Easter from Falkirk area and go to Yorkshire often trouble free route M74, M6 to Penrith A66 to Scotch corner

A1, A1M to Harrogate cut off follow road to york go round bypass to the Scarboro' road no steep hills I expect the hill you refer to is Sutton Bank caravans are benned from this road although there is a signposted diversion

will
John, Follow the route Will suggested the road you turn off from the A1 is the A59 heading for York. Go clockwise round the York ringroad following signs for and picking up the A64 for Scarborough. This route avoids the A170 entirely.

Hi there John, I would go M6 A69 (Carlise to Newcastle) A1 North for about 3mile then A19 to Tyne Tunnel stay on A19 after tunnel. After Middlesborough follow first sign for Whitby A174. Then after whitby follow signs for Scarborough. A66 can be a nightmare with a caravan and has a high accident rate. (A69 has more dual carridgeway. I go to Scarboro a least twice a Year. Happy Hols

Jul 9, 2006
Visit site
once you get down to the northeast get on to the A19 and follow the road which is sign posted thirsk the it is signposted the caravan route avoiding sutton bank but take it easy on the caravan route it goes through villages but scenenic

TRENDING THREADS