Route Napoleon with a caravan?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Has anyone used this Route to get to the Gorges du Verdon in the Alpes-de Haute-Provence region of France. We will travelling to Camp du Verdon in Castellane from an over night stop in Gigny, Burgundy in mid August. Fastest route seems to be this way on my Tom Tom, but I am concerned by the possible climbs and twists this route might throw at me!

Feb 9, 2009
Visit site
I understood from Dutch folk thaty we met whilst amping in the lac de St Croix area that the ROute Napoleon was not recommended by the equivalent of their caravan club for towing - but that was several years ago.

Mar 5, 2009
Visit site
The Route Napoleon is favoured by bikers as it's full of twists and turns, however it's easy to navigate with a caravan as the road is quite wide in most places.

Castellane is at the top of the Gorges Du Verdon so you will have to tow uphill whichever way you go, and I would personally chose Route Napoleon for myself.

Castellane is very pretty as is the Lac St Croix at the bottom of the gorge, with breathtaking views all along the gorge. Hard to believe that so few people have heard of this most beautiful part of France.

Don't worry about the journey, enjoy your holiday! :)

G

Its no problem even with a large car and caravan, just take care.

And please watch out for fast bikes especially this Friday ;)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts