Rover 75CDT How does it tow ?

Apr 10, 2005
Visit site
I am thinking of buying a 75 diesel tourer possibly an auto The research I have done into the car seems good so far and 3 year old ones are good value for money I am only towing a Baily Ranger MPTLM of 1250 kg so weight is not an issue , just power and stability . Should I chip the engine? for about £300. P.S. I am only 38 have no pipe or slippers . thanks for any advice you might be able to give.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Clive....you are actully older than me and like yourself I do not have a pipe or slippers but I do have a Rover 75! I have a 2 litre connosiuer SE V6 petrol and found it tows well with a similiar size and weight van to what you have. At first it felt slightly heavy but was well within the weight check, i think this is manily down to the fact that I am new to towing and it was just the shock of pulling something on the back of the car for the first time. I would think that an Auto tourer will pull really well. I have noticed that R75 do not seem to be that common for towing? I did not buy mine for towing...I bought it for the cream leather, wood, retro looks, chrome door handles and because it was british!...the caravan came later but the seem to get on well! ⇦LONG LIVE THE ROVER FROM A CAR DESIGNER WITHOUT A JOB⇨

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Plus you may be able to pick up a cheap one now!

Long live the Rover 75 (even if purely as a classic car with hard to get spares)!

From... A CAR DESIGNER WHO LOST HIS JOB 3 WEEKS BEFORE THE ROVER SAGA, SO KNOWS IT WILL BE EVEN HARDER TO FIND A JOB NOW THIS HAS HAPPENED, that is if I want to remain living in the UK.

If you have been affected by this post, please telephone the depressed car designers hotline on 0800...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts