"Roxie" is for sale!

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
We're off to France in a few months, so we'll need a LHD van instead of our beloved Roxie.
She'll be available after our next trip, early in February, by which time she'll be 9 years old (08 plate) and have done just over 100000, but with full service history.
The guy who did the original conversion still offers this on pre-owned Transits, so you can see the layout etc here, although details will vary as no two are identical:
http://www.vectramotorhomes.co.uk/motorhome_range_cavarno2.html#images

Ours has Gaslow refillable system with an exterior fill point, and I can throw in a few extras like mains cable and levelling ramps.
I'll be looking for around £22000. If you're interested, reply here giving me permission to use your e-mail address (which I can access as Mod), and I can send you some pictures and any other info you want.

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Decided to give Gumtree a go. Bought the "temp wheels" through them ok, so as long as I watch for scammers should be fine. Here she is if you want a look:
https://www.gumtree.com/p/campervans-motorhomes/2-berth-horizons-cavarno-swb-high-top-motorhome/1218510573

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
So you have a temporary non-motorhomer as Moderator!
A lovely couple came all the way from Merseyside today, having set their hearts on a Cavarno for all the same reasons we did 9 years ago.
So this will be my avatar until we buy our next van in France!

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Well done Tony. So Gumtree worked then? May i ask how did the payment work out? we shall be selling later this year, and as not replacing van, will have to sell privately Just a bit concerned about scammers, so your views would be very welcome Thanks
i hope you will have a wonderful retirement in France. been retired for 20 years now, forgotten what it was like to WORK

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Hi Paul, thanks for the good wishes! I'll still haunt this place though.
In the end, it wasn't Gumtree. I'd done an eBay auction earlier which hadn't reached its reserved. This couple were highest bidder, and after trying a few other options I made them a "Second chance offer" at the price they'd bid.
They phoned us (all the way from the far northwest) and came to look.
All four of us liked and trusted each other, so we agreed to a private transaction without the protection of eBay, and split the saving. Not something I'd always recommend, but worked fine for us all.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts