Royan Area - France

Mar 20, 2006
Visit site
Just back from our first trip abroad with the caravan to the Vendee. Now looking for next year as we will be going late July/Early August. Can any of you recommend sites in the Royan / La Rochelle area of France. We will have older teenagers, younger teenagers and a 7yr old with us. Preferably close to the beach.

Many thanks

Mike

May 18, 2007
Visit site
We went last year and stayed at Camping le Puits de l'Auture which is at St-Palais-sur-Mer close to Royan. A lovely site across the road from a beach. Facilities were good and the take away food was very good. We thoroughly enjoyed the area. There is a good zoo a short distance away, golf is nearby. A daily market is held in the town and there is also a SuperMarche just on the outskirts We were booked through SelectSites. Their web address is www.select-site.com

n.b. the facilities are unisex but 'cest la gare'

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Mike - I would be interested which site(s) you used in the Vendee, we are off at the beginning of September and still pondering where to actually "drop the legs". Any info welcome Ta!

Clubman

Mar 20, 2006
Visit site
Mike - I would be interested which site(s) you used in the Vendee, we are off at the beginning of September and still pondering where to actually "drop the legs". Any info welcome Ta!

Clubman
Clubman,

We stayed at a site called La Yole approx 5 mins drive from the beach - lovely site - nice pool complex. In the second week we were there it got busier but that should not trouble you in September. Only complaint was that half the toilet facilities were locked off permanently and that the main showers were a little too small in order to dress again in. There were some better showers but as there were only three of them a long wait ensued. The site has it's own website for any further info you require. You do require a two pin plug for hook-up but I didn't have reverse polarity.

If you have any further specific questions - give me a shout.

Regards

Mike

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts