roz~new van

Mar 28, 2005
Visit site
Hi roz hows the new van hope everything is ok.Coachman have sent me a recall notice,They are going to change the spare wheel carrier due to a problem with materials used in this item.They are going to replace it with an alko carrier some time in may.They have advised me to carry the spare in car or caravan due to the chance of the carrier coming adrift loosing spare,causing damage ect,ect.I hope this does not alarm you but i thought i should let you know.It stated in the letter that 520/4 04 model builds are affected.Yours being a two berth might be ok, give coachman a ring as they are very helpful.

Regards Paul

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Paul, thanks for that advice, we will check with Coachman tomorrow. We picked our new van up on Friday from Glossop Cravans and we were staying on a site in Buxton, Derbyshire. We woke on Friday morning to two inches of snow and was very concerned about towing in that weather anyway. Despite the conditions however, it towed very well and we have spent the weekend trying everything out to see if and how it works.

No problems at all although I am going to have to figure out the water heater a bit better as ended up having a very cold shower after the hot water ran out after two minutes! I think this is my fault and not the vans.

The journey home was fine and although very windy the car pulled her very easily. It says in the booklet that she is to be towed nose heavy presumably because of the large rear bathroom. The build quality is excellent and couldn't find a fault although we did try very hard. I do hope the recall hasn't put you off. Good luck. Roz

Mar 28, 2005
Visit site
Hi Roz,do your blinds go all the way down past your window rubber(near+offside)ours stop short around half an inch above the rubber,meaning you can see in van after dark.We noticed this last week with van on drive way all powered up for checks.we can block the view by pulling down the fly screens first then the blinds,just curious as this seems odd

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Roz,do your blinds go all the way down past your window rubber(near+offside)ours stop short around half an inch above the rubber,meaning you can see in van after dark.We noticed this last week with van on drive way all powered up for checks.we can block the view by pulling down the fly screens first then the blinds,just curious as this seems odd
Hi Paul, that does seem odd. Ours go far enough down so there is no gap (I think). I shall check it next time we go out. Were you the Paul that had a problem with no water filter on a new van?

Mar 28, 2005
Visit site
Hi Paul, that does seem odd. Ours go far enough down so there is no gap (I think). I shall check it next time we go out. Were you the Paul that had a problem with no water filter on a new van?
Hi Roz,yes that was me,sue and i were really surprised to find no water filter on the van.Phoning dealer&coachman today about blinds?.

regards Paul

TRENDING THREADS