Feb 15, 2007
Visit site
Why do people advertise their second hand vans incorrectly, no one is honest these days i have veiwed at least 10 in the past week or so for a friend and the condition of most has been awful for the price range of 3-4 thousand, most have damp, smell of pets, or generally very poor. Please say what it is why waste peoples time

Feb 24, 2008
Visit site
Hello Anthony,

I'm sorry to hear of all the disappointments you've had, I can sense your frustrations.

I think the thing is that we live in such a fast moving throw away society nowadays, people can't be bothered to value their belongings and instead think its just as easy to get a new one! Its just differing standards for differing people.

Having said that, we have previously owned two vans that we bought secondhand and both were in immaculate condition. We would not choose to view a van that had been used by smokers or had pets in and would always ring to clarify beforehand if it was not on the ad. Everyone to their own lifestyle choice of course but it wouldn't be right for us so we didn't want to waste ours or the sellers time.

I think you have to be more selective in your viewings, I believe you are being held back for a reason and there is a van out there waiting with your friend's name on it. Good luck!

Oct 9, 2006
Visit site
Hi Anthony,

I can relate to what you are saying and I would like to add that this doesn't only apply to private sales. Last year whilst looking for a larger caravan in the 8k bracket we scoured the local caravan dealers via the internet, many of which were labeled as "a credit to its former owner" only to be very disapointed with the real article (some of them had more grease on the cupboards than your local cafe!

Anyway, keep looking...you have to kiss a lot of frogs before you find your prince!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts