Ruined holiday!

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Very nasty accident today. Hope they are all ok. Not sure what happened.
https://www.lep.co.uk/news/traffic-and-travel/caravan-horror-crash-sees-lake-district-holidaymakers-airlifted-to-hospital-and-grasmere-keswick-road-closed-for-hours-1-9891730?fbclid=IwAR2Xj5dh4MLIHDCqzXyja39BhkIGg4qzAeNAra5vd7Vie5lxurzjy2KBQYw

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
A notoriously bad stretch of road I lived in the Lakes for three years and there were regular reports of accidents. I even had to walk sections of it when I did the Keswick to Barrow walk but we had police and marshals out controlling traffic.

Hopefully the two cars safety systems did their job and the occupants come out of it okay.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Likewise, I'm sorry to read of people being injured. I hope they all make a full recovery.

What anoys me so much is the biased reporting ... Headline features the word "Caravan" no mention of the car, so it reinforces the the perception that caravans are always to blame when they're involved in an incident.

We don't know what happened, and the pictures we have do not allow us to draw any safe conclusions.

Otherclive has pointed out the stretch of road is notorious for accidents, so why don't they all demand headlines?

May 7, 2012
Visit site
The reference to the caravan is entirely irrelevant as this is a head on collision and would have happened even if the red car did not have one.
My reading of this is that the silver car crossed over to the other side of the road and then spun back.from the position of the vehicles. The red car looks to have tried to swerve to the left at the last second but had nowhere to go.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts