Run Around Car - What Fun!

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
So we have been chatting for over 12 months about getting the Mrs a little run around car but didnt do any thing about it.
Until this week, after her unfortunate last few weeks I went out and bought a Smart car, yes a SMART Car, its the weirdest
thing I have driven but it's brilliant, having been used to bigger vehicles all my life this was a real enjoyable experience.
Its an older 2005 model, turbo charged 700cc engine with less than 17,000 miles on the clock! First owner towed it behind his motor
home.
I best enjoy it for the next few weeks as she cant drive at the moment.
So to sum it up it's like a road going Go Kart, love it...........off for another spin!!!! Back soon. :giggle:

Oct 12, 2016
Visit site
Nice thing about those is you can chuck it in the back of the Shogun. Great fun cars ,I love them.. The ForFour isn’t so great being a rebadged Mitsubishi with plastic body panels.
A couple I used to service cars for have two of the latest generation, hers is the Diesel, his is the Brabus, real hooligans motor. Thing is you don’t feel that you’re in a very small car until you get out to walk round the back and find you’re already there.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
So we have been chatting for over 12 months about getting the Mrs a little run around car but didnt do any thing about it.
Until this week, after her unfortunate last few weeks I went out and bought a Smart car, yes a SMART Car, its the weirdest
thing I have driven but it's brilliant, having been used to bigger vehicles all my life this was a real enjoyable experience.
Its an older 2005 model, turbo charged 700cc engine with less than 17,000 miles on the clock! First owner towed it behind his motor
home.
I best enjoy it for the next few weeks as she cant drive at the moment.
So to sum it up it's like a road going Go Kart, love it...........off for another spin!!!! Back soon.[/QUOTE
ideal run around car your wife going to love it..

Last edited:

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
What a sweetie you are, Kev. Buying the Mrs a car- beats flowers any day of the week.
Although, are you sure that you bought it for her.....🤔
Mel

Reactions: Gagakev
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I have a mate down your way Kev, who had the Sport model, the low level thing, my goodness what a wildcat of a little car. But I suppose for people of our stature, they are fairly large cars.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Nice thing about those is you can chuck it in the back of the Shogun. Great fun cars ,I love them.. The ForFour isn’t so great being a rebadged Mitsubishi with plastic body panels.
A couple I used to service cars for have two of the latest generation, hers is the Diesel, his is the Brabus, real hooligans motor. Thing is you don’t feel that you’re in a very small car until you get out to walk round the back and find you’re already there.

I did the opposite today, walked from the back to get in and walked passed the door handle to get in, had to go backward a few steps:LOL:
Have to check out the Brabus next!!!

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
What a sweetie you are, Kev. Buying the Mrs a car- beats flowers any day of the week.
Although, are you sure that you bought it for her.....🤔
Mel
Mel she has been waiting for a very long time for her own little car, coming up to 59 next year.....ooppps didnt really let her age out!!
She had a little teardrop so it was well worth it.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Well that’s almost as noticeable as when VW did a Polo with panels in a variety of colours. You won’t loose it in the car park. Have fun.
Used to look for one of the biggest vehicles in the car park, now its the smallest. Popped to garden center today and it only took up half the space, ha ha.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
I have a mate down your way Kev, who had the Sport model, the low level thing, my goodness what a wildcat of a little car. But I suppose for people of our stature, they are fairly large cars.
So we are vertically challenged Hutch but it is still small.!!

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
They always look to me as if they've been rear ended by the biggest Artic on the road, crushing them until there's no room for shopping.

My problem with small cars is head room. Like Harry Secomb I'm taller sitting down than when I am standing up. i e My brother is 6' 2" i'm 5' 10" when we are standing but, sitting down, I'm slightly taller. ( Erny Wise springs to mind)

On the insignia I have to set the seat for vertical challenged legs and for a tall persons torso. and long arms, seat has to be on its lowest setting, and I still only just clear the roof. says a lot about the Insignia seating adjustments.

And NO ----- I'm not a Grollia-------- Although I can scratch the back of my knee without too much effort 🆒 :sunglasses::sunglasses: :ROFLMAO:

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
They always look to me as if they've been rear ended by the biggest Artic on the road, crushing them until there's no room for shopping.

My problem with small cars is head room. Like Harry Secomb I'm taller sitting down than when I am standing up. i e My brother is 6' 2" i'm 5' 10" when we are standing but, sitting down, I'm slightly taller. ( Erny Wise springs to mind)

On the insignia I have to set the seat for vertical challenged legs and for a tall persons torso. and long arms, seat has to be on its lowest setting, and I still only just clear the roof. says a lot about the Insignia seating adjustments.

And NO ----- I'm not a Grollia-------- Although I can scratch the back of my knee without too much effort 🆒 :sunglasses::sunglasses: :ROFLMAO:
Small cars will be no good to me i am 6ft 5in and my brother is 6ft 3in i prefer my Tiguan slide from my wheelchair . My wife would get in the smart car no problem.

Reactions: otherclive

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts