Russel Hobb Microwave

May 4, 2023
Visit site
Our RH microwave has cutout a couple of times after approx five minutes.
I want to check that the internal fan is running. How do you remove from the cupboard it's installed in. It's an Elddis caravan

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
This might help

May 4, 2023
Visit site
Thanks for the info the examples seem to have been fitted differently. Ours is a Compass Kensington. I'll wait until I get home and investigate further. Just want to check if internal fan is running

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Our microwave would cut out if used more than usual. It was clearly an overheating issue.

Ours had trimming at the front, and 4 screws through the bottom shelf into the sheet metal of the microwave base. (Very crude).

There simply was not enough ventilation at the back. It was not too hard to fix.

John

Jul 19, 2021
Visit site
In our Bailey it was just 4 self tapping screws through the bottom of the cupboard and the microwave metal base.
Our original one died and it was pretty useless when it did bother to work, Like Jcloughie said it was always overheating due to lack of adequate ventilation.
Just bought a really cheap Aldi one and screwed it to the base. Think it was about £40 on offer.
The like for like from Bailey was something daft like £180.
There is now loads of space around and above the microwave so we can do Jacket Spuds or ready meals for 4 without the thermal trip stopping dinner prep

Reactions: Jcloughie

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
I am sure that you wouldn’t attempt anything that you are not confident with, however can I just issue the usual Health and Safety warning:
Microwaves store a hefty electrical charge ( I am told) and the evil so and so’s will kill you if you poke about ignorantly in their innards.
Seriously, we need more forumites not fewer ( crispy) ones. So please don’t do anything without full knowledge.
Mel

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
If anything like that went wrong with our microwave i would get my caravan engineer to sort it for the peace of mind but that me .

Last edited:
May 4, 2023
Visit site
I'm an experienced electronics/computer engineer and have repaired microwaves before for family members. I just can't see how to get this microwave out of our Compass Kensington:-(

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I looked at the MW in our Coachman and that has four screws going into the base from underneath. All you have to do is find "The Golden Rivet" and work back from there.
I am still trying to find out how to get to our strip lights in our Coachman 560 VIP.

May 4, 2023
Visit site
Finally managed to remove microwave. Problem with cooling fan. Checked with DVM and the motor is open circuit. Options are second hand motor for £18 or replace microwave. Many makes use the same crappie motor so could be out of the frying pan and into the fire:(

Sam Vimes

Sep 7, 2020
Visit site
Exactly the same problem as mine. Got a cheap used one of off eBay for £7 and it's still working.

I noticed some rust on the rear of the microwave vent as it's near to an external vent. I don't believe this was actually the cause of the problem but because of that and the bouncing around it gets I now take it out when traveling and during the rainy season at home.

I have the same model at home and that's working fine.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts