s.a.s leaf type stabalizer

Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
hi

im looking for fitting instructions or a run down from someone on how to fit/use an sas leaf type stabalizer as i have never used one before and have got one with the caravan i just bought

please help

buzz

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
hi Buzz

yes I use one although mine is a scott but very similar the bar comes with 3 parts the bar itself a drop plate attachment for the car that fits between the ball and the bar and a bracket on the van with a orange or red shoe (this should be on the van already) and will be set to the right height, the drop plate once fitted to the tow bar stays in place towing or solo.

hitching up is simple enough first locate the bar into the tow bracket and hold it in place with the aid of the screw bolt in the centre of the bracket after hitching up the van lift the blade so the other (outer end) locates onto the van bracket on the a frame making sure it fit snuggly into the shoe and thats it done. removal is a reverse of the above.

there are a couple of things that you should know though, first although the leaf system works well enough it does depend on the tension of the fricton plates these are easy to adjust via the central bolt, the lateral force should be about 35KG, or 77lbs this can be checked by trying to push the blade sideways using a set of bathroom scales and reading the poundage needed to move the blade. secondly depending on the configuration of your 12v electric sockets it may be nessasary to move one or both of them so the cables or plugs do not foul on either side on full lock.

colin

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Buzz

If it is the SAS Straightliner stabiliser, you've got yourself arguably the most effective stabiliser made. Try this link.

www.sasproducts.com/acatalog/Straightliner_Stabiliser.h...

Once fitted, the hydraulic damper will resist any attempt of the caravan to sway - much stronger effect that the types with discs inside the towball. Mine held the caravan in a straight line when I was doing a "UK illegal" speed and a 'van tyre burst

Fit and enjoy

Peter T

Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
hi Buzz

yes I use one although mine is a scott but very similar the bar comes with 3 parts the bar itself a drop plate attachment for the car that fits between the ball and the bar and a bracket on the van with a orange or red shoe (this should be on the van already) and will be set to the right height, the drop plate once fitted to the tow bar stays in place towing or solo.

hitching up is simple enough first locate the bar into the tow bracket and hold it in place with the aid of the screw bolt in the centre of the bracket after hitching up the van lift the blade so the other (outer end) locates onto the van bracket on the a frame making sure it fit snuggly into the shoe and thats it done. removal is a reverse of the above.

there are a couple of things that you should know though, first although the leaf system works well enough it does depend on the tension of the fricton plates these are easy to adjust via the central bolt, the lateral force should be about 35KG, or 77lbs this can be checked by trying to push the blade sideways using a set of bathroom scales and reading the poundage needed to move the blade. secondly depending on the configuration of your 12v electric sockets it may be nessasary to move one or both of them so the cables or plugs do not foul on either side on full lock.

colin
thanks colin thats a big help

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts