Safefill Size Required & Conversion Tips Advice?

May 15, 2016
Visit site
I am also thinking of changing to Safefills. What changes do I need to make to the caravan gas supply to convert to Safefill? As we currently use a 6 Kg Calor bottle, what is the Safefill equivalent please? Our bottles are stored in a side cupboard in our Bailey Unicorn. When ordering, if just staying in the UK, apart from the bottle, what else do we need to order from Safefill? Thanks.

:)

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
alphapets said:
I am also thinking of changing to Safefills. What changes do I need to make to the caravan gas supply to convert to Safefill? As we currently use a 6 Kg Calor bottle, what is the Safefill equivalent please? Our bottles are stored in a side cupboard in our Bailey Unicorn. When ordering, if just staying in the UK, apart from the bottle, what else do we need to order from Safefill? Thanks.

:)

You will find bottle sizes and capacities plus some good information here.

http://www.safefill.co.uk/our-cylinders.html

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
On the Safefill site there is a buy now button,you click this and it takes you to region(usually zone A),choose your bottle then again from the drop down under your choice it say`s bottle plus adapter,i believe thats the one you need as the rest are euro connectors BUT you might notice they have none in stock,been like that for months.Before you go this route i would have a look around your area to see if there is actually any garages where you can fill the bottle,Shell have a blanket ban on direct fill bottles.

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
If you have a bulkhead regulator then a normal propane pigtail is needed, if not a propane regulator for the cylinder. Can't help with the new sizes, I have the original red cylinder 8.6kg/15ltrs. My local independent garage always filled my cylinder with no problem others would not, then they closed down so for 18months I could not get the cylinder filled. Now Morrisons with LPG on the forecourt allow the filling of Safefill cylinders you just have to let the cashier know first, for me it costs around £8.50 to fill, they do stop filling at 80% full.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Do not be tempted to save on the filling adaptors. there have been a rash of highly inferior imports, which have raised serious safety concerns.

Always ask the checkout operator first if you are allowed to fill a portable cylinder, as others have pointed out some AUTOLPG outlets do not allow filling.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Burn said:
On the Safefill site there is a buy now button,you click this and it takes you to region(usually zone A),choose your bottle then again from the drop down under your choice it say`s bottle plus adapter,i believe thats the one you need as the rest are euro connectors BUT you might notice they have none in stock,been like that for months.Before you go this route i would have a look around your area to see if there is actually any garages where you can fill the bottle,Shell have a blanket ban on direct fill bottles.

I would be quite suspicious of a company that had all of its mainstream products out of stock. Reading their website you would think that they invented the Safefill concept, but they didn't. They introduced into UK something that was already available. The actual cylinders are made in Norway by the company that made Gaslight although they weren't owner refillable.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
alphapets said:
Propane 6kg 495 mm. 256 mm

What are your figures for. It’s not clear. The Safefill website link I provided you give all of the technical specs. To compare dimensions and weights with your Calor bottles you should look at Calor website.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts