Sandfield House Farm Caravan Site, Whitby

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
have the pitches got super hook ups? ie own water tap, drain etc. and what are the shower block like. is there somewhere to walk the dog. has all pitches got a sea view, also any other info greatly appreciated. thank you mark

Feb 17, 2007
Visit site
Never been there myself but have a look at the web site and then check the Google satellite picture. Should tell you most of what you want to know.

Jul 15, 2006
Visit site
We were there for the first time a few weeks ago. The site is very clean and tidy with very friendly hard working owners. I would say that the majority of vans are seasonal but they are exceptionally well looked after.

There are about 3 rows of touring pitches as far as we could tell but only 3 pitches with water hook up and drain. The shower block is old but clean and tidy

I think that all pitches face towards the sea but are across from the golf course so the views are quite distant.

I think there was a dog walk in the next field but we didn't go into it (and thinking about it there were more touring pitches in there I believe)

There is a walk from the site across the road and down to the sea. From there you can walk into Whitby along the promenade or further up the cliff along a coastal path. It took us about 30 mins but we weren't hurrying.

You can also walk the other way to Sandsend but this path was near the road. Sandsend is a lovely place to visit for a change from Whitby with a beachside cafe and a lovely gallery. We loved our weekend at this site and will be going back, I would def recommend it.

Jul 15, 2006
Visit site
Just a quick note-I think I was getting the toilet block mixed up with one on another site we recently visited and have been told that this one is a modern toilet block as described on the web site.

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
Just a quick note-I think I was getting the toilet block mixed up with one on another site we recently visited and have been told that this one is a modern toilet block as described on the web site.
thank you oklahoma, we are booked on there in 3.5 weeks, sorry to be a pain but are there supermarkets nearby, as we only want to take the essentials and buy fresh daily, and do you know of restaurants and or pubs that do good food, did you visit any? regards mark, oh nearly forgot, whats the tv reception like?

Mar 15, 2008
Visit site
Was there last year and I thought the toilet block, whilst clean could have done with a bit of TLC.

I was on a serviced pitch which had its own water and drainage. Quite a nice big pitch. The nearest supermarket is Lidl or Aldi (forget which) and there is a big Co-op in Whitby center. Pubs are restaurants are numerous- just one tip go and eat fish and chips at the Magpie- the best I have ever tasted. There is also a pie restaurant that was yummy and good value.

All in all we had a great time and our daughter wants to go back.

Mar 15, 2008
Visit site
Dug out some pictures for you
pic1.JPG
Thats was the view from our window
pic2.JPG
This shows most of the site
pic3.JPG
A serviced pitch
pic4.JPG
Sandsend - a really good walk started there
pic4.JPG
You must eat here -- Mike Mc

Mar 15, 2008
Visit site
Got the last pic wrong
pic5.JPG
Best fish and chips I ever tasted
Forgot that there is a dog field and cannot comment about tv reception as I was using a sat dish.

Jul 15, 2006
Visit site
We tend to go to Whitby just for a weekend or a day trip as we live quite near so haven't looked for other supermarkets and just used the Co-op in the town for our odds and ends. We usually have fish and chips if we eat out (how can you not in Whitby!!) The Magpie is great but there are usually queues waiting to get in and there are lots of other fish and chip shops/cafes - you have to visit the Magpie once though!! (Mike Mc how did you get a pic of the Magpie without a queue?!!)

I think the TV reception was ok but we used our external aerial so not sure how it would be just using the status.

Apr 30, 2008
Visit site
We tend to go to Whitby just for a weekend or a day trip as we live quite near so haven't looked for other supermarkets and just used the Co-op in the town for our odds and ends. We usually have fish and chips if we eat out (how can you not in Whitby!!) The Magpie is great but there are usually queues waiting to get in and there are lots of other fish and chip shops/cafes - you have to visit the Magpie once though!! (Mike Mc how did you get a pic of the Magpie without a queue?!!)

I think the TV reception was ok but we used our external aerial so not sure how it would be just using the status.
we had heard how good the Magpie was, so, as you do, we tried them. Might have been the fish frier's 'offday' but they weren't a patch on the ones from Quayside a few doors away.

Jul 15, 2006
Visit site

It's a good few years since I went to the Magpie. We are in Whitby regularly so can't usually be bothered to wait in the queue. I think this is the first time I've heard a bad/average review of it though.

Apr 30, 2008
Visit site
It's a good few years since I went to the Magpie. We are in Whitby regularly so can't usually be bothered to wait in the queue. I think this is the first time I've heard a bad/average review of it though.
Well i like to be different :) As i said, it may just have been a bad day.

Jul 25, 2006
Visit site
Quayside is much less busy and very good. Been a couple of times.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts