Santa fe 2014. Sat Nav update, out of warranty

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Some time ago, people were asking about updating, the Sat Nav in their cars.
My car a SanteFe 2014 premium SE, Well, after a few years of driving across rivers, and being told to return to the roads when going over fields, all the time on tarmac, I bit the bullet and bought an update to my Sat Nav from.
https://www.satnavmapupdate.co.uk/about-us-4-w.asp. it cost £39.99 took about a week to arrive , but no instructions, so it was a case of search the internet, turn the car on, and plug in the memory stick. Follow the instructions. It took about 1 hour 15 minutes. And then it rebooted its self.

This has worked very well, it has updated,
1, the System version , from 7.8.3 to 8.1.7
2, Nav Version, From, EU. 10.49.41 To, EU 13.4951
3, Map Data, From 117E7AC to 120E7AAE

All seems to be working well,

Reactions: Parksy and Thingy
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
My car a SanteFe 2014 premium SE, Well, after a few years of driving across rivers, and being told to return to the roads when going over fields, all the time on tarmac, I bit the bullet and bought an update to my Sat Nav from.
https://www.satnavmapupdate.co.uk/about-us-4-w.asp. it cost £39.99 took about a week to arrive , but no instructions, so it was a case of search the internet, turn the car on, and plug in the memory stick. Follow the instructions. It took about 1 hour 15 minutes. And then it rebooted its self.

That’s a good price. Unfortunately my Subaru has such tight security I've not found any any alternative to an update other than via Subaru at £100+. It requires a download to an OEM SD card . So I tend to rely on my Garmin Drive Smart 61 with lifetime updates. If any experts can find a way to update the Subaru that would be good.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
That’s a good price. Unfortunately my Subaru has such tight security I've not found any any alternative to an update other than via Subaru at £100+. It requires a download to an OEM SD card . So I tend to rely on my Garmin Drive Smart 61 with lifetime updates. If any experts can find a way to update the Subaru that would be good.
OC, why not ask them, I thought I was supposed to put in codes etc, but just plugged in the USB stick and it all happned.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Volvo were very expensive. Then overnight it went free. But I don’t think much of it. Apple and/or Google connectivity are the future.

John

edit, Volvo came out as Love. 🥵

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Love were very expensive. Then overnight it went free. But I don’t think much of it. Apple and/or Google connectivity are the future.

John
I’d agree although I find Apple maps very inferior to Google. So if I’m using the phone navigation I use Google.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
OC, why not ask them, I thought I was supposed to put in codes etc, but just plugged in the USB stick and it all happned.

Hutch
thanks, when I last looked they weren’t compatible with mine which uses SD not micro SD or disc. But given your experience I will contact them. Ordinarily I’d have no problem transerring files between micro SD to SD but didn’t fancy shelling out on something that didn’t work. But will contact them.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Our Satnav is well out of date and no option to update it. I don't think there is any built in Satnav that allows you to enter the dimensions of your outfit? We use our TT Go Camping when out and about.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site

Some lengthy updates really need a charger attached to the battery to avoid the system shutting down in the middle - if in doubt hook up a charger.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts