Santander ferry and sites suggestions.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Hi All, Two questions, I’m planning on going to northern Spain,school summer holidays for 3 weeks 2024, is it worth paying for the lounge/ food upgrade package (about £80 each) on the ferry-seems worth it to me.
Secondly,any suggestions for sites towards (and past)the Pamplona area. Only 2 adults,not bothered either way on clubhouse etc… needs a pool.
I have checked the search function and all the sites suggested are for the port area.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Anyone stayed around Huesca,north of Zaragoza? Like the look of the area.
wecamp pirineos - (y) still searching,never considered acsi search as always thought it was for outside main seasons deals.(we are stuck to school holidays - even though my kids are old/ not coming 😂)

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Hi All, Two questions, I’m planning on going to northern Spain,school summer holidays for 3 weeks 2024, is it worth paying for the lounge/ food upgrade package (about £80 each) on the ferry-seems worth it to me.
Secondly,any suggestions for sites towards (and past)the Pamplona area. Only 2 adults,not bothered either way on clubhouse etc… needs a pool.
I have checked the search function and all the sites suggested are for the port area.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
You need to book a cabin for the over night trip and plenty of available seats during the day. The cabin is yours from the time you board until you disembark. We never thought it was worthwhile upgrading, but that was our choice. The money was better spent having the Deluxe or Commodore cabin.

Reactions: Brasso530
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Cheers Buckman, im ok with cabin, was Just thinking that by the time I’d bought several meals( poor for price on Caen ferry) I’d get as much food as required at my leisure in lounge? I assum that’s what the upgrade is?

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Cheers Buckman, im ok with cabin, was Just thinking that by the time I’d bought several meals( poor for price on Caen ferry) I’d get as much food as required at my leisure in lounge? I assum that’s what the upgrade is?
Apologies i thought you were using the ferry to Spain and not the Caen crossing which normally only involves one meal?

Aug 14, 2020
Visit site
Brasso,
Book early (it may already be too late!) and try and get club cabins. They come with the drinks/food package included and cost similar to a basic cabin plus two upgrade packages.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Buckman,I am using the Santander ferry (ive used the Caen ferry a few times and that’s my only reference) doesn’t say anything about a meal included as far as I can see.
mickyjb, cheers, I’ll have a look again,but the cabin difference was huge I seem to recall.
cheers for the replies.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Mickjb, my apologies,there’s about £40 difference over a return trip,so worth the club room inc food,versus a basic room and upgrading.Cheers for that,do Brittany ferries do any offers? As I usually book through the caravan club as a package,but probably going to book everything separately myself,cheers.

Aug 14, 2020
Visit site
Brasso, We used to have Britanny Ferries 'Club Voyage' membership which I believe is still available so, you could look into that and see if it works for you.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
We used the Economie from Portsmouth to Santander. Not as glitzy as the cruise ferry’s but quite a lot cheaper. That was in 2017 so don’t know if it’s still in service on the Santander route. Allowed dogs too. Not the prettiest ship in the area but it suited us.

IMG_3090.jpeg

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Buckman,I am using the Santander ferry (ive used the Caen ferry a few times and that’s my only reference) doesn’t say anything about a meal included as far as I can see.
mickyjb, cheers, I’ll have a look again,but the cabin difference was huge I seem to recall.
cheers for the replies.
We used the economy class outward and Commodore for return. I thought it better to buy the meals rather than pay the upgrade. I think meals average dout at about £10 a head. If I remember correctly, we had the evening meal and then breakfast as no time for lunch the next day as we started disembarking at about 1pm at Santander.

Mar 14, 2005
jondogoescaravanning.com
We used the Economie from Portsmouth to Santander. Not as glitzy as the cruise ferry’s but quite a lot cheaper
I too used to use the Economie Service between Portsmouth and Santander-Bilbao several times during my years of travelling. Sadly, BF doesn't operate the service now. The Baie de Seine now runs between Sweden and Estonia and the Etretat which was chartered from Stena has now been renamed and is travelling in the Baltic.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Cheers for all the input,just trying to find some discount now,or Tesco vouchers,As it’s mounting up.Keep the ideas/experiences coming.
Still going through the acsi sites list,too many ideas as no real fixed agenda.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts