Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Darren, sorry but I can't help you with that. I go into France (Biarritz) from there. My only experience of a Spanish campsite was 20 years ago. That was the municipal site in Santander. It was filthy and I found the people unfriendly and the whole place intimidating.

There have been some good reports in the past of some of the sites in Northen Spain so I'm sure someone will be able to advise you.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The first thing thast greets you as you get off the ferry at Santander is a garage selling fuel a bl**dy sight cheaper than here.

After that it gets better and better.

Dependent on the time of year the north coast is spectacular.

However, if its Late autumn winter, or early spring head for the med. Its a good days drive but its do able.

Jan 22, 2008
Visit site
Did Plymouth-Santander and return this August. Spent two weeks in Cantabria (camping Playa de Oyambre, www.oyambre.com).

Ferry journey is excellent, we were lucky enough to get the Pont Aven which is Brittany Ferries flagship. Embarking very efficient in Plymouth, Santander was a bit chaotic!. Ships very modern and well equipped (bars, estaurants, shops, cinema, swimming pool, play areas, even the entertainment was good in the evening. We had a standard outside cabin which is compact but functional with en-suite, A/C etc. Supposed to sleep 4 but we squashed 5 of us in there as our children are small and otherwise it would have meant one of us using a recliner chair. Very little engine noise during night in cabins, likewise none from bars, all in all a very peaceful nights sleep. We saw dolphins on the way across too.

Outward crossing was like a millpond, on return trip the Bay of Biscay was a bit choppy and embarassingly I suffered a bit but wife & kids were fine!

I'd do it again certainly, it's not cheap (cost us about

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts