sargent a310 alarm location

May 5, 2018
Visit site
Where is alarm located on 2016 sterling as I need access to it to pair remotes as I didn't get any when I got van. I suspect alarm has been removed as there is no wires to pir.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Ah but you need to give such folks some credit. They could easily go to a large caravan dealership and look into a few old and newer/new models and draw their own conclusions. :evil:

Jun 26, 2017
Visit site
SteveW77 said:
Not very clever telling the whole world where the alarm is mounted.
Now the vermin know where they have to go to disable it.

Not even slightly concerned Steve. I’m sure it’s not top secret considering they fit them on just about every Swift caravan and it’s a large black box with SARGENT written on it. :p

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Steve,
I'm sure that any self respecting theif who was after a particular model of caravan will have done their research and would know where the standard alarm was fitted, and probably how to disarm it. :unsure:

But it's a different matter when it comes to a tracker type alarm, which should be kept secret to avoid it being too easily disabled. ;)

Jun 26, 2017
Visit site
ProfJohnL said:
Hello Steve,
I'm sure that any self respecting their who was after a particular model of caravan will have done their research and would know where the standard alarm was fitted, and probably how to disarm it. :unsure:

But it's a different matter when it comes to a tracker type alarm, which should be kept secret to avoid it being too easily disabled. ;)

I’m not aware of there being any such thing as a tracker type alarm Prof, as whilst on a modern system there’s communication between the two, the alarm and tracker are generally separate physical entities. However, in terms of revealing the location of a tracker device, I really don’t think it’s a different matter at all. As much as we love our caravan, if someone stole it, considering the damage they will have already done by towing it away, never mind the mess they’ll make inside, considering the kind of people they would be, I really wouldn’t want it back and if it ever went missing, I certainly wouldn’t be encouraging anyone to look for it !

New for old.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
kevin1959 said:
Where is alarm located on 2016 sterling as I need access to it to pair remotes as I didn't get any when I got van. I suspect alarm has been removed as there is no wires to pir.

Kevin scroll down through this old thread about matching the fobs to the alarm units, its about half way through..
Hutch.
https://www.practicalcaravan.com/forum/technical/54143-sargent-310-alarm

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Icaru5 said:
ProfJohnL said:
Hello Steve,
I'm sure that any self respecting their who was after a particular model of caravan will have done their research and would know where the standard alarm was fitted, and probably how to disarm it. :unsure:

I’m not aware of there being any such thing as a tracker type alarm Prof, as whilst on a modern system there’s communication between the two, the alarm and tracker are generally separate physical entities. However, in terms of revealing the location of a tracker device, I really don’t think it’s a different matter at all. As much as we love our caravan, if someone stole it, considering the damage they will have already done by towing it away, never mind the mess they’ll make inside, considering the kind of people they would be, I really wouldn’t want it back and if it ever went missing, I certainly wouldn’t be encouraging anyone to look for it !

New for old.

And people wonder why insurance premiums keep going up.

May 5, 2018
Visit site
I need location of alarm as I already know how to pair them but need access to alarm unit to do this, suspect alarm has been removed hence need location to confirm if it is present or not , if not I need to buy one.

Jun 26, 2017
Visit site
SteveW77 said:
Icaru5 said:
ProfJohnL said:
Hello Steve,

New for old.

They don’t actually Steve, they keep coming down.

I pay for a caravan insurance policy in good faith. If I am unfortunate enough to have the van stolen, when I have a new for old policy, why on earth would I want the van back after it had been in the hands of “those sort” ?

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Icaru5 said:
SteveW77 said:
Icaru5 said:
ProfJohnL said:
Hello Steve,

New for old.

They don’t actually Steve, they keep coming down.

I pay for a caravan insurance policy in good faith. If I am unfortunate enough to have the van stolen, when I have a new for old policy, why on earth would I want the van back after it had been in the hands of “those sort” ?

Well that's not my experience.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Steve.
I’ve been with the CC ( MHCC?.) for decades. The premium hasn’t increasedmuch over the years. Our current unit fro New is getting on now and the insurers agreed an extra premium of £25 pa if I did away with the Tracker. A no brainier as Tracker we’re charging me £175 pa.
I’ve seen recovered stolen caravans. You really wouldn’t want them back :(

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Premium up or down, is dependant on the company your with, and how they assess you as a risk, so there's no point getting into a heated debate about it. :)

Jun 26, 2017
Visit site
ProfJohnL said:
Icaru5 said:
I’m not aware of there being any such thing as a tracker type alarm Prof...

Where have you been? :huh:

Trackers have been discussed many times on the forum. ! :unsure:

Thanks for asking, but I haven’t been too far away really Prof, yesterday we had a long walk in the local fields and woods with the dogs, and then a barbecue later on. What about yourself ?

Regarding trackers. I’ve no doubt they have indeed been discussed may times on the Forum. I too have one on my van.

Perhaps you reacted to the first line of my post before giving yourself the chance to read it fully ? :unsure:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts