Sargent alarm activating

Feb 14, 2023
Visit site
Hi everyone,first time on site and I suspect it won't be the last,hope ya all enjoying the recent sunshine.
Can anyone send a bit of advice my way please?
I have a 2016 swift conqueror 580 and the alarm was fine until the weather turned for the worst,now it has activated alarm every time I go back to storage to check on it it bleeps 3 times to say alarm has been triggered..
I have sat inside van to watch sensor (green light) to see if it triggers and alarm did activate whilst I was sat inside very still..😁 but the sensor did not activate alarm so I'm at a loose end as to what's a matter with it,iv changed setting to not as sensitive ,,I also rang sergant to ask them and they suggest remove it and send the full system in for repair at about £170...wow!! No suggestions just send it back....I have asked the guy were I store the van as he repairs caravans but been waiting forever and still no sign of him even looking at it...
If I knew what was the problem I'd repair myself but unsure..
Iv already changed battery as original one was flat due to activated alarm,but still having same problem,any help will be very much appreciated.
Have a great day
Kindest regards
J👍

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
This may have nothing to do with anything but I do know that if the battery goes flat you need to re set the key fob with the alarm. There is a procedure for this; don’t know what it is myself but if you Google something will appear. Could it be that the system just needs a reset.? ? Like I said, May be irrelevant but it is the only piece of knowledge I have.
Good luck
mel

Feb 14, 2023
Visit site
Hi Mel
Hope your well
Thank you so much for your input I really appreciate it,I never knew you could reset the fob or alarm,it's worth a try Mel
I will give it a go first thing tomorrow and if it does work I will post back on here the day after.
Thank you so much Mel & have a great day

Kindest regards
J👍

Reactions: Mel
Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Is it possible that the alarm is working fine but a faulty sensor is activating it. I wonder if sensors can be individually disconnected to identify a culprit.

John

Feb 14, 2023
Visit site
Hi John

Thank you so much for ryour reply,you know what I never thought about trying to disconect sensor and see if alarm activates again....mmmm....I think k I will maybe try that if they disconnect okay,i will also try that first before i try to reset it to be honest ,I'm going to have to go disconnect battery anyway and take it home to charge it ,yet again ,as says 8 amp (I think that's what it means) on the control pannel screen above door,was also saying battery poor so drained battery again,infact I'll just go change battery as have a spare here what I originally took of because I thought was knackered as was flat ...the joys eh..
Anyway thanks John 👍
Kindets regards
J

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Hi John

Thank you so much for ryour reply,you know what I never thought about trying to disconect sensor and see if alarm activates again....mmmm....I think k I will maybe try that if they disconnect okay,i will also try that first before i try to reset it to be honest ,I'm going to have to go disconnect battery anyway and take it home to charge it ,yet again ,as says 8 amp (I think that's what it means) on the control pannel screen above door,was also saying battery poor so drained battery again,infact I'll just go change battery as have a spare here what I originally took of because I thought was knackered as was flat ...the joys eh..
Anyway thanks John 👍
Kindets regards
J

Presumably, you are not using the alarm if it is playing up. If so, it should not drain the battery.

John

Feb 14, 2023
Visit site
Hi John
Infact yes I have been turning it on to see if it still the same,just I leave tvs and so on in there so nice to have that extra security as don't think it's constantly going off or the storage owner would prob inform me John.
I think I'm going to change battery and disconnect the sensor to see how that goes...I know its no security as it won't activate if someone does break in,but only be for a matter of days👍I'm also thinking of getting a one of them locks what go across the door on the outside of van as locks on these caravans havnt changed for years and not very safe if you ask me...can't understand why the locks have never been upgraded to some sort of chub lock or simaler..strange!!
Kindest regards
J

Feb 14, 2023
Visit site
Hi Mel..
Just a update,,reset alarm,hard reset and programmed fobs bk in and still same,seemed okay for a while then left and next day alarm had been activated.
Thank you for your input tho my friend,was worth a try👍
Have a nice day

Kindest regards

J

Reactions: Mel
Feb 14, 2023
Visit site
Hi jcloughie
Thank you,I tried disconnecting sensor pir in van and alarm instantly triggered once set...I did then try and hard reset as suggested by Mel and that no good either.
Looks like could be a manufacturer repair that will cost about £175.00... nightmare paying them all that money and prob something simple.....I notice few people have had the old circut
board Changed for a new red one but mine already has the red board....
Wonder if a electrician could sort it out....
Anyway thank you for your help
Have a nice day

Kindest regards
J

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts