SAS Caravan Security system II

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi

Looking at buying this. It has an intruder alarm, tilt montion sensor and corner steady vibration sensor.

My questions are:

Is it a good piece of kit for £100?

Is it tamper proof? (I appreciate that if someone wants to steal your van, the experienced thief will probably be able to do that anyway.

How easy is it to install? Is drilling in walls necessary etc?

Any replies appreciated.

Thanks.

L

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
On a serious note I looked here - www.sasproducts.com/acatalog/Caravan_Motorhome_Boat_Security_Systems.html

As the various parts have to be connected to the control box you will have to run the cable to them. Through walls panels ?!?!

Web site does not seem to mention approval from insurers, so you may need to check that out.

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thanks cris. Don't think I'll bother I think you'd have to be quite a competent DIYer (so that's the husband out) and if I paid someone, it would double the cost.

Lisa

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I've installed one of these and it's fairly easy. It all depends on how much trouble you want to got to to hide the cabling, and also in the layout of the van.

The sales manager at SAS assures me that CC insurance approve the unit - he has one on his van - and I have not had any problem with CC Insurance, having been sure to tell them which unit I was fitting.

The tilt and vibration sensor could be a little tricky to fit, and I think most insurers want this feature - they seem less bothered about break-ins rather than outright theft.

Having had an IDM unit before, I think that was slighly more robust, but again it's nearly twice the price.

TRENDING THREADS