SAT ELLITE TV PROBLEMS

May 23, 2006
Visit site
Normally I dont have any problems in setting up the satellite dish and get a decent picture. My problem starts when theres the slightest bit of rain - the picture starts freezing and becomes imposssible to watch. Im more likey to stay in and watch tv when the weather is bad but thers no point because the picture frezees. Any Ideas why and what I can do about it would be a help

Thanks

Jan 31, 2005
Visit site
Have a good look at the connectors on the coax cable. It is possible that water has got into the coax and is causing losses. The only solution is to replace the coax cable and possibly use self amalgamating tape around the end connectors to prevent it happening again.

Other than that look out for moisture getting into the LNB somewhere- possibly put a polythene bag over it just before it rains. Good picture = water getting in.

Hope this helps,

Cheers Glyn

Oct 9, 2006
Visit site
Same thing happened to me at home. Problem solved when we discovered water had seeped down into the cable. Try a new cable or just cut off a few ins either end and renew joints. Best of luck!

Jul 30, 2008
Visit site
I think your problem might well be not pulling the "weather shield" down to protect the LNB connection.

My son used to fit Sky into homes and he said the biggest problem of freezing picture etc was the failure of engineers to slide this cover down and as soon as it rained customer would get picture freezing.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts