Sat Nav

MJ2

Mar 21, 2008
Visit site
Where can a Tom Tom be mounted on a Peugeot 407 - it's quite a long reach to the windscreen. Ate there alternative mounting positions?

Mac

Mar 21, 2008
Visit site
Hi mac,

I had the same problem with my Ford Galaxy so suggest you invest in a Brodit Proclip, as I did.

You can find them on the following link:

http://www.dsldevelopments.com/
This is an excellent site. The fixing comes in two parts (bought separately) - you select the make and model of your sat-nav (to get the half that fixes to your device) and then select the make, model and year of your car (as well as whether it is left or right hand drive) to get the half that fixes to the car - there's usually a good choice of positions (vent, console, windscreen pillar etc).

Then you just screw the two bits together!

I have my Tomtom mounted on the front of the dash (no drilling) and it is rock solid and ideally placed.

It's not cheap (

Oct 9, 2006
Visit site
Hi Mac,

I had the same problem as you. I could see and hear it ok but was too far away to operate the touch screen. My remedy?... I bought a remote control (

MJ2

Mar 21, 2008
Visit site
Hi mac,

I had the same problem with my Ford Galaxy so suggest you invest in a Brodit Proclip, as I did.

This is an excellent site. The fixing comes in two parts (bought separately) - you select the make and model of your sat-nav (to get the half that fixes to your device) and then select the make, model and year of your car (as well as whether it is left or right hand drive) to get the half that fixes to the car - there's usually a good choice of positions (vent, console, windscreen pillar etc).

I have my Tomtom mounted on the front of the dash (no drilling) and it is rock solid and ideally placed.

It's not cheap (

MJ2

Mar 21, 2008
Visit site
Hi mac,

It's not cheap (

Feb 11, 2007
Visit site
Hi guys, no one seems to talk about the aeriel if they have it installed like ours have. ours goes down the inside pillar cover on our Skoda. The other end is behind the interior mirror.I would have liked to have ours more central for my Wife to see but there is no place to put the TOM TOM 700.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts