Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hi out there, has anybody tried sat nav for finding there way to sites? we go to lots and the wife is not the best of navigators. which system is best? thanks for looking. geoff.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Geoff - I'v been doing quite a lot of digging around into this and I've just purchased a TOMTOM Go 300 which is a replacement for the current TomTom Go system (still waiting for delivery of the TTG 300 though). The old TTG system gets really good reviews from users and the new version now includes full post code support. It's about

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi

I've been using Sat Nav for the past 2 years I use Tomtom Navigator 3 on a PDA, it's not only useful for finding places, but I also find driving more relaxing as I don't have to keep checking signs for turnings as it pre-warns you of the junctions ahead. If you what to find out more about the different navigation systems, try http://www.pocketgps.co.uk it a very helpful site giving good advice.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We are going to spain this year first time abroad sat nav would be good. Do they cover france and spain is there an extra cost for it to cover the EU. Once its bought do you need to subscribe to antthing to keep it up to date. cheers Richard.w

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Richard

All the major suppliers give you the option of maps for each country, you can also buy the software with full eu maps included, as mentioned in me previous reply check out www.pocketgps.co.uk this will give you a better idea as to whats out there

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Just to add, if your using a PDA for navigating there's a link on www.pocketgps.co.uk that lets you download speed camera software and speed camera database updates free

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
TomTom Go seems a great package and has certainly had some good reviews. However, if you have a laptop you can buy a USB reciever and some software from www.directions.ltd.uk and you can have a blindingly fast GPS system for

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have also just ordered a Tom Tom Go 300 from Maplin, the expected delivery is middle of May. However this new version of the Tom TOM Go although it is pre loaded with the latest UK maps,and blue tooth enabled unlike it's predecessor it does not have the Accident Black spot software on it or speed camera warning.

Regards Jim C

Apr 13, 2005
Visit site
JIM, if you want the bluetooth option on your new tom tom go you need to buy the new 500 version, the 300 is almost identical to the original. ive seen one of the 300,s at a trader and could find very little difference to the original which i have been using for the past few months, it is absolutely fantastic. the 500 appears to be identical to the 300 apart from having a blue tooth device to connect with your phone so you can use the tom tom as a hands free kit, but at nearly 200 pounds more i would not concider it worthwile. a blue tooth headset is just as good and only about 60 pounds. if you want to go one step further the tom tom 700 is is around 700 pounds and gives you everything the 300 and 500 does but has a built in hard drive instead os an sd memory card. as a matter of interest to anyone who has an original tom tom go, if you visit www.tomtom.com you can now download the latest version 5 software which converts your machine to the same spec as the tom tom 300, this allows all the points of interest to be used and the speed camera software from pocket gps will now work with alerts. it even gives you a compass on screen and far better clarity on the text. please note the software is only available on the english web page and you must be registered to download it, but it is free. hope this helps . cheers. gary.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have a tomtom go sat nav classic & find it great to find any sites, as i have downloaded the postcode search option (free) from many web pages. We are allso heading off to France this June with it as it came with the major roads of europe on CD, wich you can download onto a sd card.

Allso we have got the caravan club sites on it so just type in the name of site wanted & it will direct you stright there.

Andy

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi again

Forgot to mention you can allso download the speed.. sorry safty camera database onto tomtom go to inform you of any, Gatso,red light, or mobile safty camera's about.

All these extra's are free to download

check out this link for any info

http://www.mytomtomgo.com/
Hope this helps .

A

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts