sat tv

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Hi, ive been looking at the snipe satellite system as im fed up of faffing around with my portable carry case system ive used various signal boxes to tell you where to point dish but all are pretty useles especially as they have now changed position of some satellites, my question is can I just place a snipe or similar system on my roof on arriving on site and be able to take off when leaving as if I were to change my van it would be expensive to swop over

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Smurf.I went away 3 weeks ago with Maplins kit in the case which I normally set up in minutes,knowing full well the changeover of Astra I took a £9 Satellite finder with me and set up again in minutes .Not sure if this will help you but I thought £9 is a cheap option
Sir Roger

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Just bought a maxview vu qube, no faffing about with assembling bits out of case or using a meter, just plug cable into back of sat box and switch on remote, didn't even have to read instructions, it found satellite, and was watching tv within5 minutes, best thing since sliced bread

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I'd need to watch a lot of TV to go spending the sort of prices charged for a maxview vuqube but I'm sure it's great if you do, I think I might just stick to reading a book, I can watch TV when I'm home.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
For the record no satellites were harmed during this thread, and none were moved either. Th signals were simply moved from one bird to another in the cluster of satellites at 28.2E, the new sat having a much tighter footprint onto the UK.

I was reading another forum the other night which suggests that SW France is now essentially a no-go area for the standard UK domestic channels but the further you go east the signal becomes available. A 60cm dish at Montelimar (or was it Marseilles?) works quite well.

Having said that, at the moment it is only the BBC channels/ITV/4/5 that are unavailable. Sky still uses Astra 2A for many of its own (encrypted) channels so if you have a Sky subscription you will still be able to watch their channels as before.

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
Yes you can just throw the. Snipe onto the roof press the button and watch tv
We use avtex' auto dish which I believe was the one before snipe, I put it on the roof. Via the large hexi, point it anywhere south, east and press a button..... Sorted...

AQF431_default_A_large.jpg

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts