Satelite TV

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Hi Waffler,

Very interesting.

I have a spare Sky box but always take the house Sky + box because of the inconvenience in verifying the box to the card .

Can I use my old sky box the way you describe, tune into Astra 28 rather than Astra 2 and get all the channels like free view. I appreciate I will not get the full sky package. Will I need a card for teh old sky box?

Cheers

Alan

Jan 9, 2006
Visit site
I notice that some people on this topic say that you cannot get a 12 volt box.in fact the maplin suitcase sat system comes with mains plug and a 12 volt connector with a car cigarette type adaptor.my local tv shop cut it off and put me a 12volt caravan connector on for

JTS

Jan 16, 2007
Visit site
Alan,

You can use your Sky box and you will receive all+ freeview channels except 4 & 5 if you have not got a card. I think you may be confused as to which satellite to lock on to. For Sky I think you need Astra 2 at 28.2East. Go to the link below for full details.

Good luck. JTS.

http://www.satelliteforcaravans.co.uk

JTS

Jan 16, 2007
Visit site
12v Sat systems are quite common and are advertised in Pratical Caravan and in the Caravan Club mags.

Good luck.

JTS.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts