Satellite dish size

Mar 2, 2010
Visit site
with the astra 2 satellite footprint changing does anyone know what size dish we will need to get signal at La Tranche sur Mere.
Have the chance of an 800mm one
Thanks in advance

Jul 11, 2006
Visit site
PaulT said:
I spend a lot of time inland from La Tranche and have a normal UK Sky dish so the 80cm one should be adequate.
It very probably won't now. With the footprint change earlier this month a 60cm might work, a 80cm gives a better chance but is more difficult to align.
Note that a standard Sky dish is designed to only just work in the England and Wales - equiv to 43cm - but a bigger Zone 2 dish - equiv to 55cm - is required in the borders, Scotland, and parts of Ulster.

Jun 24, 2005
Visit site
Woody said:
It very probably won't now. With the footprint change earlier this month a 60cm might work, a 80cm gives a better chance but is more difficult to align.
Note that a standard Sky dish is designed to only just work in the England and Wales - equiv to 43cm - but a bigger Zone 2 dish - equiv to 55cm - is required in the borders, Scotland, and parts of Ulster.

Sorry Woody - I'm there now and watching perfect UK TV!

Mar 2, 2010
Visit site
Sorry misread post
smiley-embarassed.gif

Jun 24, 2005
Visit site
For information - I've just got back from Royan and my 80cm dish worked perfectly. In fact, I couldn't tell any difference from last year.

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
PaulT said:
Woody said:

Sorry Woody - I'm there now and watching perfect UK TV!

Paul which site are you at as next Monday we will be Bois Soleil, I am hoping my 60 cm dish will do.

Les

Oct 7, 2008
Visit site
Is mine big enough?.I have a 80 cms sat. dish and a Sky HD+ box, in years gone bythis set up has been hassle free as far south as Barcelona.With the changes to the Astra footprint will i be wasting my time carting the kit to theFrench Pyrenees? On the plus side it would free up more space for the red stuff if the kit was left behind ! Any thoughts Cheers

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
Useful information is contained in reception reports on David Sullivan's Website.....................Click here

Note.........reports have to be post February 2014 to be applicable.
Any green writing is not the current situation.

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
Sorry I haven't replied before as I left for France last Saturday and have only just seen this post. I will have a look down there when we get back in July, my dish is a bit iffy as it has taken a few knocks and got a few dents in.

Les

Mar 2, 2010
Visit site
We should be alright then as we are at La Mothe-Achard ,they have a quad LNB and in holland our friends and us shared the dish as he had forgot to bring his LNB lol
Have a great time Les

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
DeliDave_ said:
We should be alright then as we are at La Mothe-Achard ,they have a quad LNB and in holland our friends and us shared the dish as he had forgot to bring his LNB lol
Have a great time Les

It have a quad LNB and a friend of mine is sharing it. His dish is 55cm he can get Sky programmes but not channels 1,2,3,4,5.

I am not to happy at the moment as 10 minutes ago I ran out of Brandy, roll on tomorrow so I can get some more. :woohoo:

Les

Oct 7, 2008
Visit site
SwingLowJim said:
Is mine big enough?.I have a 80 cms sat. dish and a Sky HD+ box, in years gone bythis set up has been hassle free as far south as Barcelona.With the changes to the Astra footprint will i be wasting my time carting the kit to theFrench Pyrenees? On the plus side it would free up more space for the red stuff if the kit was left behind ! Any thoughts Cheers

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
Last year with an 80cms dish we got BBC 1 and 2 and Itv but further south east in Southern Austria nothing but 4 English speaking programmes on Sky. We find you can get better reception with Sky Plus Box so we will not take the HD Box this year. We will load up with plenty of DVD's and watch Austrian TV Orf 1 and 2 on which we can see Formula 1 on the normal caravan aerial.. Shame they had to move the foot print.
Dianne

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts